Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:24:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ultimate ( frisbee) Tournament Success
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ultimate ( frisbee) Tournament Success  ( 2183 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : May 27, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »

After two days of almost non-stop intense playing, the Fairfax Boys and Girls Ultimate teams finished an exhausting weekend of play and came in 2nd. Congratulations to the players  and their coaches! 
For those who mightn't know. Ultimate ( frisbee to those of us who don' t play) or disc, is a club team and Vermont has at least 20 schools that compete. It is wildly popular in highschool and college.
Unfortunately, I don't know enough about it to explain the ins and outs of how it is played, but having watched it, it is fast moving, intense, skillful and exhausting!  And the players love it!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 28, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »

Karen McNall sent me a photo of the boys team and one of the girls team to add to Rev Elizabeth's note:

Henry Raymond
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« #2 : May 29, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »

They sure look happy and exhausted!  Congrats all!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: