Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:47:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Broken political Parties?!
« previous next »
: Do you feel that our present day political parties are effective?  (Voting closed: October 19, 2009, 06:41:58 AM)
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 4 (33.3%)
only when they work together - 8 (66.7%)
No comment - 0 (0%)
: 9

: [1]
: Broken political Parties?!  ( 4489 )
edakrupp

« : October 09, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »

Feel free to leave comments.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : October 09, 2009, 07:33:36 AM »

Could you explain what you mean by 'broken'?
edakrupp

« #2 : October 09, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »

It was provoked by an interesting remark a person made to me. They felt that because the two majority parties we have currently in government seem to be at odds with each other, that growth towards common ground has been hindered and has been harder to achieve.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : October 10, 2009, 02:26:33 AM »

The Rev has a good inquiry to your poll question.

I have looked at ballots in the past for Vermont and there are parties I do not recognize.

I am NOT a registered voter in Vermont, but I am curious about national politics.

Howard Dean, Sarah Palin, and the new NOBLE PEACE PRIZE winner,,,,,
petefitz
: 96

« #4 : October 11, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »

I believe that the political parties for the most part are not effective, and that is just as it should be.  It should be hard to make large changes in policy, whether it be going to war or putting the government in charge of health care.  I am glad that we have just 2 parties that are able to put together a governing majority, rather than several parties as it is in many countries in the world.  We don't have a perfect system, and never will have one.  But we have the best political system on earth, and I am thankful to our founding fathers in starting the system we have today. 

Peter Fitzgerald
Fairfax, VT
: [1]  
« previous next »
: