Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:59:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Edward Parker Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Edward Parker Passes Away  ( 3777 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 04, 2004, 07:19:23 AM »

EDWARD L. PARKER FAIRFAX — Edward Leo Parker, 76, died Sunday, May 2, 2004, at his home in Fairfax. He was born in West Rutland on Dec. 15, 1927. He married the former Betty Driscoll on Oct. 12, 1957, in Fairfax. Ed proudly served his country after enlisting in the Navy and was stationed in Guam during the Korean Conflict. Ed's love in life was driving tractor trailer, logging over two million miles during his 50-year career of which his loving wife Betty was co-pilot sharing over ½ million treasured miles with him. He was a devoted employee with Merrill's Transport of Portland, Maine, for more than 12 years, John Leo and Sons for over eight years and more recently retired in April from Engineers Construction Inc. Ed was also well known in the Citizens Band community by his handle “Poor Boy“, a name which he lovingly assigned to his antique 1964 International truck. He will be greatly missed by his adoring family and many friends. He is survived by his wife, Betty (Driscoll) Parker of Fairfax; his daughter, Heidi Littlefield and her husband David of Fairfax; and three grandchildren, Jesse, Kyle, and Dale Littlefield, all of Fairfax. He was predeceased by his son, Edde Robert Parker, on July 26, 1981. Visiting hours will be held Wednesday, May 5, from 5 to 8 p.m. in HayesRich Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, May 6, at 11 a.m. in St. Luke Church, Fairfax by the Rev. Francis Connors. Interment will follow in the family lot in Sanderson Corners Cemetery, Fairfax. Contributions may be made in Edward's memory to the charity of one's choice. Friends who wish may forward online condolences by visiting www.hayesrichfuneralhome-.com. Arrangements are by Hayes-Rich Funeral Home, 1176 Main St., Fairfax.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: