Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:01:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Methinks Its Time To Ban Grass Fires Until We Get Some Rain
« previous next »
: [1]
: Methinks Its Time To Ban Grass Fires Until We Get Some Rain  ( 3022 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 21, 2008, 07:44:54 AM »

Not sure what our Fairfax Fire Department has encountered for Grass Fires, but it is mighty, mighty dry out there.  Saw a couple of people burning yesterday and they certainly weren't that far away from houses.  They are supposed to be having some kind of a meeting today to determine if they should ban all burning - I feel we need green grass and a little rain before they allow people to start burning, permits or not.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : April 21, 2008, 07:49:04 AM »

I agree.
I have a pile of brush to burn, but haven't called Duane yet.

Thanks to Fairfax Fire Department.
I love all of you but don't need to see you at my house today.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : April 21, 2008, 08:33:45 AM »

Had a fire on friday up from my house a bit on Goose Pond.  Pretty irritating when your neighbors ignore warnings and then go and burn up their yard.  From the looks of it, it could've been much worse as it didn't look like the fire made into the woods around that neighbors house - if it did.... well hopefully it wouldn't have gone far enough to burn the houses and trailers on the other side of those woods.
I'm a neighborlay type of guy, but if my neighbors causes my house to burn down.... well let's just say they'll be paying that bill when it comes in the mail.

As if the billowing smoke wasn't lesson enough, my other neighbor continued to burn his debris pile all weekend.  Not sure what he's burning - sometimes it smells like hickory - other times like plastic - none-the-less, burning at a dangerous time of year.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: