Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:22:58 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Skiers win last meet of season
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Skiers win last meet of season  ( 2122 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : February 19, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »

Jay Peak, Saturday Feb 18
We could not have asked for a more promising end to our regular season.  Our girl's solidified their position as one of the handful of top girls's teams in the state and our boys' team continued their impressive race by race improvement.  They come into States as a team that could surprise many.

Eric Newbury wasn't happy with his race but he skied well.  His second place overall led our men. Eli Philips has come out to compete start to finish in every race he ever entered, running or skiing, and he battled to a strong 4th place overall. Ethan Farmer is nursing a hamstring injury but he skied one his best races this season to take 7th overall and 3rd for Fairfax. Rapidly improving junior Travis Yandow, a first year skier, skied wonderfully to take 14th and capped our team scoring. Sam Lesnikowski would have contested Travis for that last spot had he not broken a binding on a downhill less than 200 yards from the finish line.  These are the guys who will carry the load next week at States.

Our girl's squad really put on a show, packing 6 skiers in the top 15 and five in the top 9. We're a stronger classical than skating team and we clearly showed that today. Senior Allie Minor and Mattie Hayes have skied at their highest level that last two weeks and they showed this again at Jay.  Allie led our team by over a minute with a 3rd place overall and Mattie finished 5th overall. Julia Snyder took 6th, and sophomore skier Nicole Peatman, who appears to be a rising star, finished our scoring and took 7th overall.  Margaret Fitzgerald's 9th place gave us 5 girls in the top ten. Austen Carpenter continued her impressive second half of the season with a very respectable 14th.  All in all a great day for a girls' team that is expecting to be in the D-2 medal hunt next week.
Coach Fred Griffin
msm
: 211

« #1 : February 21, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »

Nice Report ..

Please let this forum know the results from the State Meet, sounds like some promising results are in store for those athletes on these ski teams.

Thanks,  Mike M
: [1]  
« previous next »
: