Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:49:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Roundabout At 104A/Rte 7 In Georgia??
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Roundabout At 104A/Rte 7 In Georgia??  ( 10676 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #15 : May 31, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »

So it will be like the round about between Best Buy and Dick's in Williston; which does not make for fun to get in the "circle" so to speak during high traffic times like Christmas or big sale weekend, and this is where I had my 18 wheeler experience as well. It is not a solution in my opinion in Georgia.

Put in a light if they must and have the light triggered by weight for 104a to stop rte 7 traffic.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Razzle Dazzle

« #16 : June 05, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »

Fix the bridge...leave out the round about.
nhibbard
: 393

« #17 : June 05, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »

Roundabouts don't work because drivers don't pay attention to basic driving rules. They also mess up construction of them everywhere. You don't have business parking that use the direct exits or entrances. You don't have two lane exits that confuse entering traffic flow. You don't yield when you're in the circle. you don't put lights just after every exit. you yield when entering and don't jump in tight spaces. Winooski pretty much shows why they work and every reason they don't all in one place. you also don't have people walking through the traffic. you really don't build a park in the middle to encourage traffic and people with distracting signs to be there.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: