Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:10:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Spam Calls From Caller ID RESET
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Spam Calls From Caller ID RESET  ( 10753 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 14, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »

Hi All,

I don't know how many of you are receiving this call, but just about every day around 4 to 4:30 p.m. I receive one.  The first day I picked it up and it is something about reducing your credit card interest.  Since I do not use credit cards for credit (I pay it up in full each month) and never have any charges, I did not respond or even do anything except hang up.  Now, I just let it ring.  My daughter Mary Kay has also received a called from this caller ID RESET.

Henry Raymond
janet
: 51

« #1 : April 14, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »

We have received these calls also but what I do is I will block all calls such as these. That way I am not getting them or if they call it comes up blocked.  Very anoying I must say.
monte198
: 79

« #2 : April 14, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »

Register with do not call.gov takes about 30 day to take effect free and worth the 5 min to sign up
janet
: 51

« #3 : April 14, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »

That does not work 100% of the time.  We are on the do not call list and still have gotten these calls.  It is a good idea anyway.
slpott
: 457

« #4 : April 15, 2011, 06:34:58 AM »

I get them every daya Henry. It is so frustrating.
ASDuling
: 75

« #5 : April 15, 2011, 08:25:27 AM »

I'm on the Do Not Call List as well and still get those spam calls. I think the List applies to legit companies (like Discover) from cold calling you for business but I'm sure these scam calls found a loop hole.
al brodeur
: 216

« #6 : April 15, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »

I am on the DNC list but there are some who call anyway but they hang up quick when I tell them I am a wrinkled ranger and the fine is double for bothering us OGD--old grumpy dudes
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : April 15, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »

Yeah Dad and I both are on the do not call list, but these still call.  Mom and I did it several years ago when DNC first came out.  It is annoying!  And a scam in my opinion as the approach is to make you think you are doing business with them.  I had calls a couple years ago and it was about extending my warranty on my vehicle. Yeah, you are not FORD and I stayed on the line to find out what vehicle, they just hung up when I asked them a question.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
fletchtb
: 310

« #8 : April 15, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »

I could be mistaken, but I believe you have to re-add yourself to the Do Not Call list every 365 days.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #9 : April 16, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »

Good to know!  I will go on and do our numbers again today!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Vtsharon
: 25

« #10 : April 16, 2011, 04:27:53 PM »

I verified my 2008 registration was still valid on the National Do Not Call Registry website (you can check your original registration by going to the website, putting in the number and the email address of the original request). Spam calls aren't going to be stopped by this since they are not valid. If you've had any prior dealings with a company (accounts, etc.) then the Do Not Call registry doesn't apply either. If you have caller ID that is your best bet - just don't answer!
lena6
: 357

« #11 : April 17, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »

I get alot of calls from boiler room people.  I tell them I will get Lena, put the phone down and walk away.  It's their nickel.When they can't pronounce my first and last name, I know they are scammers.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #12 : April 17, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »

I have been getting a lot of calls from some overseas call center for a collection agency.  Last weekend and this, for the same person; matter of fact, about a year ago I got similar calls, for the same hapless dude...And every time I told them this person had not ever ever lived at my phone number and every time they apologized and I got called again...I wonder what would happen if I said I was the person they were looking for....
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #13 : April 17, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »

I don't know what you are complaining about, I love Spam!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ov4GTOm7w-FE2J0EoA6sG7tPf5PGU_MxTKFOKrPDIvE?feat=directlink

Bacon Flavored Spam!!!

Heart Attack in a can!!!!
Edited Guest

« #14 : April 17, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »

I don't know what you are complaining about, I love Spam!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ov4GTOm7w-FE2J0EoA6sG7tPf5PGU_MxTKFOKrPDIvE?feat=directlink

Bacon Flavored Spam!!!

Heart Attack in a can!!!!

Funny...
I was in Price Chopper yesterday and almost picked up a can.  I probably only have it every five years or so.
I'd like to see the Spam Mobile come thru Fairfax and get a bite or two for free!

« : March 15, 2014, 04:53:54 PM Henry »
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: