Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:51:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The High School Prom
« previous next »
: [1]
: The High School Prom  ( 2635 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 23, 2009, 07:30:31 AM »

According to the BFA Calendar, the High School Prom is tonight.  I would be interested in any photos that anyone might have.  I know in the old days the prom was held here in the Old Gym amidst decorations and fanfare provided by the Juniors for the Senior Prom.  Of course I am speaking from what I have heard as I did not attend BFA, although I did go to the prom with Maryann.

The guys would make sure their cars were shiny clean, or their parents car as many times this was their big opportunity to borrow Mom & Dad's car.  Others would find a ride with others and in some cases would be brought to the prom by their parents as a last resort.

To be very honest with you, I can't actually remember whether I took Maryann out to dinner before the prom or not, but I believe that is supposed to be the normal thing to do, plus get the corsage and find out what color your date's gown is.

For those with better memories than me, would be interested in hearing your stories about the proms of yesteryear and those of today.

Henry Raymond
greenek
: 54

« #1 : May 23, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »

I didn't own a car in high school, but I was fortunate to borrow my older brother's white 1964 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible, with a 394 4 barrel. Probably not very fuel efficient, but I could fill up the tank for around $5.00! It had all the latest at the time including an AM radio, a rear speaker, and reverb! I did make sure that it was washed, waxed and vacuumed for the night. I do remember going inside my date's house before the prom, and carerfully pinning on the corsage, as her parents took pictures. We also drove back to my house, so that my Mom could also take pictures of the 2 of us. We did go out to dinner, but I don't remember if we went before or after the prom. I do remember that my date had a curfew, maybe midnight. We were back in time.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : May 23, 2009, 08:36:17 PM »

Ahhhh, Prom Night!

Good thing I was a juvenile, those records do not exist anymore.

The State of Alaska had a flimsy case anyway. It isn't like they didn't have anymore snow plows. Jeeze.
And WHO knew you HAD to be an employee to "borrow" one at 2am???? Come on!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: