Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 12:28:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Telemarketers
« previous next »
: [1]
: Telemarketers  ( 2803 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 03, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »

Well, we seem to go in streaks with the telemarketers, however, fortunately, we do have caller ID.  Many times the number is unavailable, but also there are many times when the number is.  If they don't have the number available, then try to listen carefully as to just what the name of the company they are representing is.  Also, I suppose, if you see the number is unavailable, you could just not answer it and in case it is someone you know, they can leave a message.

The first thing you need to do is register on the do not call list, then after 30 days or so, if you receive an unsolicited call, you can go up and register a complaint by giving the name of the company or the phone number that called you.  Your registration will not expire. Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008.  Check out the site at:

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Henry Raymond
greenek
: 54

« #1 : October 03, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »

Henry,

I usually do as you suggest, do not answer the phone if the number shows 'unavailable' on caller ID. I just let it go to our answering machine. Most telemarketers use an auto-dial software program, where 90% of the calls hang up when an answering machine message plays.
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : October 03, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »

I was at my parents one day when a telemarketer called.  I answered the phone...they asked for "Mr. Farris"....I asked "Which one?"....
as I was there...my father...my brother..and his son.  The pause on the end...followed by the "click" of the hang up was quite funny. 

When they call my house now and ask for my wife by her maiden name we always say..."She doesn't live here any more."

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: