Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:09:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 11/9/09 and Blog- Heartbreaker Sports Season
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 11/9/09 and Blog- Heartbreaker Sports Season  ( 2607 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 08, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »

November 9, 2009
Pictures of the Day

Snow on Mt. Mansfield Saturday morning

Snow on the ski trails at Smuggler's Notch.

HEARTBREAKER SPORTS SEASON
Well, the fall sports season is over at BFA-Fairfax. And it ended up being another heartbreaker.
There was a lot of hope for a lot of success, and there was even a surprise.
After the Cross Country teams swept at Districts, a lot of wishful thinking that they could sweep States as well. The flu bug invaded the team and reeked havoc. The girls lost by one point, and the boys ended up fifth.
A lot of preparation went into getting the soccer field ready for the girls' playoff run. Had the blowout vs. Windsor, the Monsoon finish against Lake Region. High hopes for a win against Peoples sank in a 3-1 loss, that for me, really hurt. I really thought they were going to win it all. To add insult to injury, Peoples went on the beat Mill River for the title.
I didn't have high hopes for the football team against Windsor. Windsor came up here and blasted us, 42-0, in early October.
I had seen that the boys lost to Windsor by 2, 19-17. I was taking a walk behind the school, and noticed the team was back and the coaches were standing in the parking lot. I went over and asked how close to an upset was it. THAT close. BFA was marching down the field to win the game with under two minutes left when Windsor caught an interception. The upset was that Windsor won. BFA outplayed them. Crap.
You will have that.
We have been lucky. There have been some teams in some years that making the playoffs was a major feat. Last year, three teams fought to get to the finals and then lost. With Cross Country and Nordic Skiing, there is no process of elimination. Everyone shows up and the fastest team wins. The Girls XC team did win last year. And I think they did well in the Nordic.
Basketball is up next, along with Nordic, and Cheerleading. The best of luck to everyone!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: