Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:40:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Crosswalk near traffic signal?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Crosswalk near traffic signal?  ( 3257 )
techgirl
: 5

« : July 10, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »

I was just wondering if there had ever been any investigation into putting in a pedestrian crosswalk near Foothills Bakery. I know that there's been a sidewalk project in the planning stages and I'm not even talking about how wonderful it would be to have those around. But watching many families (mine included) try to race across that intersection after the parade on the 4th made me wonder why there isn't a safe way for runners, walkers & school children to cross Main street in that area?
Sorry if this is a dead horse I'm beating- I'm new here!
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : July 11, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »

Several times I have requested that the district highway engineer put in a crosswalk in the same area you refer to.  His comment had always been there is not enough sight distance.  Perhaps now with the Food Venture building removed it would be more viable.  I will contact him again to see if it can be done. Thanks for reminding me.  John Mitchell
techgirl
: 5

« #2 : July 13, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »

Thanks so much! If more voices would help, please let me know!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: