Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:36:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 4/1/10
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 4/1/10  ( 5558 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : March 31, 2010, 11:42:41 PM »

Thursday April 1, 2010
Pictures of the Day

McNall Farm

Brown's River-west from the bridge

Brown's River-east of the bridge

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #1 : April 01, 2010, 06:47:53 AM »

What building material is the bridge made of, MikeF9?  when you look at the bottom of the bridge there should be heavy timber, steel, or concrete...just curious.  I suppose I can check it out for myself this weekend; you go west at the 104/128 triangle to get there right?

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
msm
: 211

« #2 : April 01, 2010, 10:00:38 AM »

Not a Cloud in the sky -- what a great lookin' spring day at McNall Farm -- also known as Two River Farm  :-)   

Enjoy your walks
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #3 : April 01, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »

What building material is the bridge made of, MikeF9?  when you look at the bottom of the bridge there should be heavy timber, steel, or concrete...just curious.  I suppose I can check it out for myself this weekend; you go west at the 104/128 triangle to get there right?

McNall Road is actually just before the 104/128 intersection (along the football field..)

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : April 01, 2010, 10:28:48 AM »

I didn't go down underneath and look.
If you are coming up 128 from Westford, turn left at the four corners.
If you go from 104 near J&L Hardware onto 128, turn right at the four corners.
As you are travelling down McNall Road, on the right is where they used to play football. On the left used to be the Old Parade Grounds. It was a get together place back in the day. Civil War soldiers from Fairfax would gather there and train before heading south to join the Union Army.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : April 03, 2010, 01:21:49 AM »

Hemp wood
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #6 : April 05, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »

Checked it out yesterday....plate steel girders w/ cast in place concrete deck;  in need of a paint job too.  Looks identical in size & design to the bridge going south on 128 leaving Westford village and probably constructed within 5-10 years of each other based on the accumulation of surface rust on the girders.  I'm surprised that VAOT has built so many steel bridges over water .... don't they know that water + steel = rust? 

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
: [1]  
« previous next »
: