Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:34:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Did You See Section C In This Morning's Free Press
« previous next »
: [1]
: Did You See Section C In This Morning's Free Press  ( 3226 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 09, 2012, 08:09:46 AM »

They have several pages on Homemade Doughnuts.  Apparently there is a place in Underhill that makes them every Sunday Morning.  When my daughter Sharon moved from Boston to Salem I went down to help her move and we went to church that was right near her apartment.  There was a place down there that made doughnuts every Sunday morning and those doughnuts reminded me so much of those my mother used to make.  Mother used to make doughnuts every Saturday and I can remember sitting there at the kitchen table with a big tall glass of ice cold whole milk, eating warm doughnuts.  Not sure how many I used to eat, but it certainly was a goodly number.  My mother's doughnuts were much larger than the normal doughnut you see today, so not sure if she had a special doughnut cutter or not.  If you get a chance, you can read the article in Section C in the hard copy or if you have access to the digital copy on line, check it out - Its an article that is bound to make your mouth water, especially if you have growing up memories of your Mom's homemade doughnuts.
« : November 09, 2012, 08:16:41 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : November 09, 2012, 08:54:41 AM »

I read that article, Henry!  Yes, it does make me yearn  for a nice home made doughnut, though my mother never made doughnuts--she had an aversion for anything fried.  The only food she would fry was french fries.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #2 : November 19, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »

at what age do you stop worrying about your weight/?
Trekr
: 140

« #3 : November 19, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »

I think I am there :)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: