Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:48:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Its All About Education - From Gary Gilbert
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its All About Education - From Gary Gilbert  ( 2940 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 15, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »

It's all about education

Now that the ceremonial week is over, the legislature is now engaged in the serious work of forming public policy. Committee assignments have been made. Education is one of the most important areas this coming session and Franklin County will be well represented as we tackle the question of providing a quality educational experience for students in a way that our communities can afford. Sen. Collins is the Chair of the Senate Education Committee, Representative Branagan is on the House Ways and Means, and I am serving on the House Education Committee.

This session the Education Committee will be searching for answers to the following questions:

What do we expect from our schools?
    What is the most cost effective way of meeting those expectations?
    What is the fairest way to pay for this?

In addition, the Department- of Education is sponsoring public meetings in all areas of the state to answer similar questions. Those scheduled closest to home are:

Enosburg Falls    January 24
    Burlington High    January 30
    Grand Isle        February 7
    St. Albans        April 5
    Hyde Park        April tbd

It is an opportunity for community people to give our government officials a real world view of what we want for children.

I’m already receiving information from paid lobbyists, from organized groups and from government agencies about this and other issues. As the representative of Franklin 1, Fairfax and Georgia, I need your help so that I can continue to be grounded in what the people at home think not just what pressure groups want. I need to know your impression of pending legislation in all areas before it comes to a floor vote so that I can ask the right question as a bill works its way through the process. I can represent my communities better if I can get local feedback in a timely fashion and to do that I need to be able to contact people in Fairfax and Georgia who have interest in or particular knowledge of an issue. Please let me know if you or someone else would be willing to help keep me abreast of local concerns. I can be reached during the week in Montpelier by calling toll free at the State House 1-800-322-5616  where a message can be left at the Sergeant At Arms Office and delivered to me at seat 26, by E-mail at ggilbert@leg.state.vt.us   This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it , or at my home answering machine at 849-6333.
Gary Gilbert
State Representative
Franklin 1
Fairfax/Georgia[/b]

« : January 15, 2007, 12:55:58 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: