Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:44:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  2 More Break ins
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: 2 More Break ins  ( 14138 )
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« : September 11, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »

Hey Everyone, 

More bad news!!! had a break in on Rugg Rd. yesterday and another reported on Woodward Rd. today!!! Not sure what was stolen yet I will try to get some more info but it appears that they were done mid day same as before.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
DrewCrash
: 104

« #1 : September 11, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »

living in these neighborhoods, in which I do, is making me a little more nervous everyday. this, like most, will simply end when someone catches them in the act in their own home. i hope they are dumb criminals and make a mistake soon!
dearon
: 233

« #2 : September 11, 2009, 06:47:29 PM »

I  took 1/2 a day off today and was sitting on my front porch with Ron when we saw someone, (unfamiliar) walk past our house, looked up at us and down to the river.  They were there 5-10 minutes then walked back up past our house again and back up towards J & L.  I've never seen this person walking before; he had on dark pants and a white shirt appeared to be around 5'8 and around 185-190 lbs.  Our dog noticed him first, before he even came into sight.  After he walked past the 2nd time, I got in the car and drove around to see if I could find where he went.  He didn't go up Michelle Rd., and I couldn't find him on Route 104, a bit freaky.  We do live a long ways off the road so the person's face was not that clear.
I guess whom ever that was knows we ARE home (or at least one of us is) during the day and we have a German Shepard who is quite keen.
I think who ever is doing this is definitely casing the place first, keep your eyes open and notice if something is out of the ordinary.  
There was a Hummer parked there for several hours so I thought at first this person was going to try to break into the vehicle.
As far as security systems go, Brinks is the best out there, they have been bought out by another company, Broadview Security,  you can still find them on the web.  They have the least amount of false alarms and are the most reputable out there.
Stand Alone Defense

« #3 : September 11, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »

Dearon,

I also saw this person today he seemed a little out of place I believe he was driving the Hummer with Pennsylvania plates parked at the pull off past your drive way.  Might be someone just sight seeing?

DrewCrash

« #4 : September 11, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »

there was someone fly fishing in the river right by the hummer. I am positive that the Hummer belonged to a tourist who wanted the feel of fly fishing in a quaint Vermont village. a village in which doesn't have a home robbery everyday.

do we have any influence in having a public forum in which the Sheriff's department comes to answer questions as to how they are going to address this? or is this really impossible to stop?
Mummy
: 280

« #5 : September 11, 2009, 07:27:23 PM »

Sheriff's Department is usually out at night or in the evening here in Fairfax.  I haven't seen a Sheriff Car in months on my road.  Has anyone seen the Sheriff's Car her in Fairfax during the day?  However, I do see the State Troopers once in a while traveling on my road.
Sue W.
: 167

« #6 : September 11, 2009, 07:45:01 PM »

There was a break in on Pattee Hill Road in Georgia yesterday apparently during mid day on another quiet road.  Too much of this going on.
DrewCrash

« #7 : September 11, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »

there was a sheriff at the car wash today around 4:45 p.m. they were sitting there waiting for a speeder. catch a speeder while you are on patrol driving around versus sitting there waiting. maybe it's just a false security to have them drive around, maybe it won't matter.
dearon
: 233

« #8 : September 11, 2009, 08:23:34 PM »

Whom ever was walking in the road was not the owner of the Hummer as when he walked up the road, he never came back. I didn't see anyone fishing in the river when I came through but saw a pair of shorts hanging off his back bumper so assumed he was canoeing or sometime.  I certainly wasn't worried about the owner of the hummer have you priced one recently?
  I did see the sheriff in town he was parked at the car wash for a few hours obviously looking for speeders.  What's wrong with cruising the roads and neighborhoods to make sure we are all safer?  Is the only reason their here is for catching speeders; I say we vote no to getting them back next year.  I think we should put our money into the State police I would feel much safer as they don't just sit around on 104 and 104A looking for speeders they actually patrol the roads and try to deter ALL kinds of crimes.
DrewCrash

« #9 : September 11, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »

select board meeting Monday night...
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #10 : September 12, 2009, 08:51:01 AM »

Seeing the sheriff just sitting out in plain sight at the car wash or anywhere else on Main Street really irks me. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone pulled over.  My thought is that he would be much more effective at catching speeders if he was hidden. Motorists usually only need to get caught once to then slow down. Once you've been had, you never know if there is a radar gun there or not. You go slow just in case. I get angry because I have some cars doing at least 70 on Buck Hollow as they pass me...and that's really scary if I happen to be on bike or foot!  I have never seen the sheriff on our road. I agree, that with all the robberies that seem to be going on, our sheriff services don't seem to be getting us a whole lot of security...and I don't think we're getting a heck of a lot of revenue from speeding tickets either.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #11 : September 12, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »

It boils down to the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  I am sure most of you have seen the signs put up by one resident in that section of Main Street.  That individual has been before the selectboard also many times.  As a result you will see the Sheriff's car parked in that area checking for speeders going over 40 MPH.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense

« #12 : September 12, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

Henry is right we have had a lot of people on main street complain about the speeders there so really they are just doing what the town asked them to do watch main street.  You also have to remember the Sheriff's department only covers our town 40 hours a week in 8 hour blocks so 5 days a week.  I work nights and I do cruise the back roads and neighborhoods everyday at mid day but if they kicked in someones back door I wouldn't know if someone was getting robbed anyway.  The big thing is to just watch who is around and driving up and down your road.  They seem to be studying their targets so start writing plates down if you see someone that doesn't fit at least it will give the cops something to look in to.

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #13 : September 12, 2009, 09:39:44 AM »

I did just put up the Sheriff's report for August at: 

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Fortunately we have a lot of retirees up here on The Fletcher Road who have nothing better to do than watch their neighbors and the traffic going by.  Hopefully one of us will notice any suspicious goings on, when they occur.  I have no problem in calling the State Police and have to say they have been very nice when I call, even though my memory for details is not that great.

Henry Raymond
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #14 : September 12, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »

I can't remember the last time I saw anyone pulled over.  My thought is that he would be much more effective at catching speeders if he was hidden. ...and I don't think we're getting a heck of a lot of revenue from speeding tickets either.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on a few points about the sheriffs patroling...
I live on main street in Fairfax and I can attest that there are many cars getting pulled over on a daily basis, especially during the evening hours it seems... When they sit at the carwash they are only visible when traveling north, when traveling south the hay bales hide them, and he can still laser both directions...I am not sure, but I don't think we make any revenue from the tickets that are issued (does anyone know this for sure?)...besides, isn't the point to get people to slow down for safety's sake not to make money?
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: