Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:06:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Wal-Mart In Legal Molasses In St. Albans
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wal-Mart In Legal Molasses In St. Albans  ( 2835 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 11, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »

Hi All,

I am beginning to have some serious doubts that I will ever see a Wal-Mart in St. Albans - What a fiasco.  Lee Kahrs has a story in today's St. Albans Messenger:

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : January 11, 2008, 01:55:41 PM »

I say "Let the Voters Decide".  If the people of St. Albans/Swanton/Franklin County.  Vote "Yes" they want it, than let be built.  The vote finalizes it.  No revotes or appeals.  I grew up in St. Albans & Fairfax, the stores were leaving that area LONG before Walmart ever came to this area (including Williston).

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
DrewCrash
: 104

« #2 : January 18, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »

I'd like to second the motion of a public vote. When I moved to Franklin County, I worked with one of the largest employers in the county. I started asking the simplest of questions: If you need the following were do you go: appliances, toys, sporting equipment, audio equipment, etc...

The answer? Well we all know the answer - a 20-40 mile drive south depending on where people live.

If St. Albans was smart, they would call Target and tell them to come to their town. A Target would bring residences of Chittendon County north and thereby help out all the other local businesses, such as restaurants and speciality shops in the downtown area.

Just my two cents...
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : January 19, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »

I agree with "DrewCrash". Bring Target, or something different to St. Albans. You want to go to Wal-Mart, go to Williston. You want to go to someone else, go to St. Albans.
I think a Target is coming to Plattsburgh, yes?

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: