Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:44:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Many Thanks
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Many Thanks  ( 14102 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 09, 2010, 11:13:29 AM »

I really appreciate the input on the forum.  We now have 265 registered members, which means that 265 could post if they wanted to.  I have not checked to see how many have posted in the last 6 months, but it is great to get information like yesterday from people in that area. 

I have one of those phones that takes pictures also, but don't know how to use it.  The photo of the fire yesterday taken by Mike Cain with his phone was great as it gave us an idea of the intensity of the fire.  I had given some thought to going up, but in the past year or so, my activity in things like that is a little limited.  Someone who was there told me it was slippery, windy and cold.

When the Fire Tone goes off, I do post what I understand to be happening and hopefully I am not imposing on anyone's privacy.  When the ambulance is called out, I am very selective as to what I post and usually limit those locations to accidents and try to be cautious about naming names.

We have a fine group of people registered on this forum, all with some connection to Fairfax or one of the surrounding communities.

I would ask any new people registering however, to please check your mail frequently after you have registered, because if you do not respond to my e-mail within a couple of days, I do reject your registration, and once I have done that you have to register all over again.  It has been necessary for me to screen who is approved, so that at least I know who everyone is in case some mischief starts to occur.

Again, many thanks.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #1 : February 09, 2010, 12:40:51 PM »

Thank you Henry. This site is wonderful and I can honestly tell you I am addicted to reading it a couple of times a day. We are always in the know how with your site. I appreciate you.
Corm
: 65

« #2 : February 09, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »

I too read this site every day. I've made it my home site so it comes up every time I fire up IE on my laptop.

I've showed this site to folks from other areas and they are all jealous we here in Fairfax have this resource from Henry.

Thank you Henry!

Corm
trussell
: 870

« #3 : February 09, 2010, 01:24:55 PM »

"a couple" times a day?  Umm, then I guess I have an addiction.  I'm on at least hourly :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
DrewCrash
: 104

« #4 : February 09, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »

I am stalking 'trussell' so I am here when he is too, he just doesn't know it. so shhhhhhhh....
special ED

« #5 : February 09, 2010, 06:57:22 PM »

now with so many users we need to have a henry day picnic with everyone wearing nametags ,maybe a fundraiser for some charity or event,potluck or bake sale ????
special ED

« #6 : February 09, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

maybe a work day at henrys house ,painting ,spring cleanup,????
trussell
: 870

« #7 : February 09, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »

sounds good to me, Ed! What a great idea!  I'm game...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
slpott

« #8 : February 09, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »

What a great way yo show appreciation. I am totally game.  I am good with cooking, gardening, ceaning and painting. Count me in.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #9 : February 09, 2010, 07:40:13 PM »

Anybody ever post something you wish you hadn't?  Yup!!!!

Henry Raymond
Terri Santee
: 77

« #10 : February 10, 2010, 07:22:33 AM »

I too am a forum addict! Thanks Henry for all you do! Count me in
to help. Shelly are you organizing this?
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #11 : February 10, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »

I have to chime in here too.  I am 1200 miles from "home", and I check in here a number of times a day.  The postings are great....one request?  Bullets sports scores and game recaps.  The BFP doesn't always have them.

Brian Farris
BFA Class of 1987
(and for those that don't know me..)

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
slpott

« #12 : February 10, 2010, 04:52:02 PM »

Organizing is a plus and I would be more than happy to do so. Henry, make a list or call me 849-2570 and lets see if we can't get er done. You are more than deserving and give us a lot more than that. Let us give a little of what we can do too. It's only fair.
Corm
: 65

« #13 : February 10, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »

Count me in too!

Corm
RedNEK
: 9

« #14 : February 10, 2010, 06:24:58 PM »

I took check this site at least once a day so sign me up for a day of working at Henry's house. Pot Luck? ;)
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: