Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:16:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  why do police?
« previous next »
: [1]
: why do police?  ( 8979 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : July 02, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »

why do police people shave their heads?is it a military thing
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 03, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »

So crazy arse basstards cannot grab it.

I also think it is an intimidation factor.
So they have the upper hand and make people think 2x before a person does something stupid and the Officer gets to go home safe that night.

What say you Constable?
You shaved beauty you!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : July 04, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »

Well one reason is most departments have grooming standards, this is why most cops you see are always clean shaved and have their hair cut short it looks more professional.

Mike is also right and many cops have served in some type of military service where you become accustomed to keeping your hair cut short.  Anyone that has been in a number of fist to cuff conflicts will tell you that having long hair, beard or earing's will put you at a disadvantage because its easy for someone to grab on to and pull.  I actually learned this lesson first hand by a Marine in Okinawa, Japan still have the scars on my face to prove it and I have shaved my head ever since. 

Ever been to Oki Mike?  I think Iraq was less hostile then Gate 2 street after 10pm Squids, Jarheads and Beer not a good combo LOL.
« : July 04, 2010, 02:49:36 PM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mike Raburn

« #3 : July 04, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »

No Oki,,, did hit Yokosuka up North.
I ran into a guy I was in boot with, he was on a gator freighter.
USS Duluth. I remember it being an LPD.

I waited there for my boat there.
I did hit Yokohama.
Narita was trip. Like landing at a military base. Those airport cops had fricking APCs.
Them some tough farmers they were up against.

I never had any problems with Jarheads.

When in Hong Kong there would be incidents with the Aussies if they were in port also. And the Greeks and then the Soviets.
But the Aussies fight you and then buy you beers all night.             "So I heard."

Did you know that they are moving Oki to Guam?
I was in Guam for two years, there is no way Guam will survive with all of those people.

When I was in Guam they tried an exercise where what IF Subic closed.....This was like 1990, Allot of boats there. Some had to anchor out and run boats in. An LPD made it in, I think the WASP.
Heck, an SSBN couldn't enter the harbor at that time and we had to go out and anchor to tend it.
Stand Alone Defense

« #4 : July 05, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »

I didn't hear they were moving Oki to Guam.  We deploy to both Oki and Guam in the Seabees I missed the Guam Deployment because I got sent to Iraq instead but from the stories I heard it seems like the guys that got to go had fun there.  In the Seabees you only deploy to 3 places Rota, Spain Oki, and Guam, of course there are detachments to Iraq, Afghanistan and other places to.

Sucks if the take away Oki that means no more Operation Cobra Gold for the Bees witch means to Thialand!! now that place is a fun deployment!!

Mike Raburn

« #5 : July 09, 2010, 01:01:34 AM »

Thailand, eh?
You sound single.

BUT... if you go to Guam, and if the Seabee place is still where it used to be..... I am sure you will be an Uncle Bob's patron.

I had a blast in Guam.
They sent my lily white butt from Alaska to Guam....Climate shock!

You an EO or CM, Constable?
Stand Alone Defense

« #6 : July 11, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »

I was a CM2, Mike Hoorah Alfa Company!!

al brodeur
: 216

« #7 : July 12, 2010, 07:59:16 PM »

shaved heads and no jewelry along with clip on ties and when I was a young squid breakaway neckerchiefs would save your young butt especially if you were blessed with shore patrol
Mike Raburn

« #8 : July 14, 2010, 09:03:09 PM »

SP was tons of fun in Hong Kong. NOT!
It stunk..... We were hauling in guys for doing what I was doing, just I never got caught!!
Wan Chai!!!
7F24
: 253

« #9 : July 14, 2010, 09:23:44 PM »

I never had any trouble while I was on shore patrol.  I guess I just had a knack for talking to drunks. 
Mike Raburn

« #10 : July 15, 2010, 12:49:50 AM »

I never had any trouble while I was on shore patrol.  I guess I just had a knack for talking to drunks. 

AMEN!

Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk!!!
Was NOT my decision to haul back to the boat.
It was ALWAYS the O.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: