Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:47:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Republican Committee Says It Bought Office Supplies At Boydens
« previous next »
: [1]
: Republican Committee Says It Bought Office Supplies At Boydens  ( 9118 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 06, 2010, 07:50:57 AM »

The Republican National Committee says it spent $982 at Boyden Valley Winery in Cambridge last year. But according to the filing with the Federal Elections Commission, the RNC claims it spent the money on "office supplies," which the winery doesn't sell.

The vineyard is just part of a series of suspect spending reports. According to the FEC filing, the RNC spent thousands of dollars for "office supplies" or "meals" at businesses, liquor stores and clothing outlets. A report of about $2,000 spent at a lesbian bondage-themed strip club broke last week and now many care calling for GOP chairman Michael Steele to resign.

The winery's owner tells the Barre-Montpelier Times Argus that he doesn't remember the specific order, but he's sure that it was for wine.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : April 06, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »

Hmm... I work in an office and haven't seen any of the "office supplies" that Boyden's sells.  I'll have to look into it :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : April 07, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »

I think my office needs some "office supplies" from Boydens.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : April 07, 2010, 08:30:50 AM »

It surpises me that the Republican party has such a teflon reputation. If this story was about the Democratic party, people would be spewing venom on this forum. But instead, people must be shrugging, and thinking, "well, that's the Republicans."

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
slpott
: 457

« #4 : April 07, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »

It might just be so minimal in comparison.
7F24
: 253

« #5 : April 07, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »

Mike,
     If they were giving the wine to the poor you'd probably hear more complaining.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #6 : April 07, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that......

On Fridays, Steeple Market sells all Republican office supplies at 10% OFF.

(advertise with The Fairfax News)

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Linda
: 48

« #7 : April 07, 2010, 04:26:08 PM »

I believe I will be submitting a request to change our office supply vendor in the morning...Boyden Valley is a much better choice than the big box stores....  :D

(Tastier, too.)
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #8 : April 07, 2010, 08:07:11 PM »

Guess I need to join the national party organization, sounds like they know how to have a good time.

A meeting is a meeting, if the only place available is a (dance club) that is where you must go.
trussell
: 870

« #9 : April 07, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »

Perhaps Boydens could start selling $30 pens that come with a free bottle of wine... Just a thought...

I too, would like to keep my office supply purchases local :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #10 : April 08, 2010, 01:00:26 AM »

Michale Steele likes "ballet".

google him and dancers. clubs, exotic.

I am a GOP guy...but it's funny.

Dems like interns, facial surgery, and ,,,,,,,,too much to post....
mirjo
: 785

« #11 : April 08, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »

Just wondering....How did Limbaugh and Palin spin this? I honestly don't care what the RNC does with its $$, but all things being (not so) equal in politics, I haven't heard anything coming from those mouth pieces, so I gather it's just an honest mistake to make??

The bottom line is, we all know: The majority of politicians are dishonest philanderers regardless of party affiliation.

Interesting to note:

Love him or hate him, Sen. Sanders spoke to a group of HS students at BFA Tuesday in a Q&A session and was very good at stating what he believed, what he did and did not agree with as far as the administration was concerned. He didn't bash the GOP and he very much encouraged the students to do their own research on the issues and draw their own conclusions and solutions. He didn't sugar coat anything or draw party lines in the sand. He presented the grim situations and allowed anyone who wanted to ask any question they wanted and he answered as well as he could. I was impressed with what I considered a fairly neutral stance as opposed to the rhetoric you always hear on the news. I think he mentioned that there are a number of things happening that aren't getting reported. The students also asked interesting thought provoking questions.

None of this stuff came up-nor should it have. Perhaps the media concentrates on the wrong things for too long?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Mike Raburn

« #12 : April 10, 2010, 02:02:37 AM »

Mirjo needs to be banned from the forums for mentioning the P WORD.

Will the EX Wasilla Mayor and Alaska EX Governor (QUITTER) NOT go away?
Why do people pay attention to her?

She is now a nuclear weapons "expert"?

I just plain (Sorta was close to saying the P - word, Henry, don't ban me) do not GET IT!!!

Ask her to point where Nebraska is on a map, she could NOT find it!
mirjo
: 785

« #13 : April 11, 2010, 04:58:10 AM »

Banned? Me?

:D

Geez Mike, I was only sayin' that I hadn't heard a comment from her on this matter...not that I WANTED to!!!

I personally wish she would shut her pie-hole and stay up there in Alaska and leave the rest of us in the lower 48 alone!

It's just fun to poke a stick at stuff and this is the kind of stuff that's fun to poke at--otherwise it's just a sad state of affairs. :P :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Mike Raburn

« #14 : April 14, 2010, 03:19:24 AM »

NoNoNoNo.....

She is a NATIONAL problem now.

Ya'll keep and love her, and squeeze her, and rally with her.

Actually, I am GLAD someone else sees through her.

LET ME STATE ONCE AGAIN, I did not vote for her when she ran for Governor of Alaska.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: