Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:29:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Arrests Made in Jenkins Murder
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Arrests Made in Jenkins Murder  ( 9276 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : March 28, 2012, 08:13:43 AM »

http://caledonianrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=180&SubSectionID=778&ArticleID=76655

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 28, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »

Thanks Chris - I have my TV on Channel 3 in hopes they have the Press Conference there

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : March 28, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee

« #3 : March 28, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE - ST. JOHNSBURY BARRACKS

PRESS RELEASE Two Arrests in the Murder of Melissa Jenkins

Detective Sergeant Walter Smith, Bureau of Criminal Investigations - 802-748-3111

St. Johnsbury, VT - 03/28/12 - Today, the Vermont State Police released a statement during a press conference with Major Ed Ledo, Criminal Division Commander of the Vermont State Police, regarding a significant development in the investigation into the death of Melissa Jenkins.

Detectives with the Vermont State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation, with the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, St. Johnsbury Fire Department, Hardwick Police Department, Caledonia County Sheriff's Department, St. Johnsbury Academy, and the Vermont Army National Guard, conducted an aggressive investigation into the death of Melissa Jenkins. Following investigative leads, evidence collected from the crime scenes, and information obtained through interviews, the Vermont State Police made two arrests earlier this morning.

Vermont State Police arrested Allen Prue, age 30, and Patricia Prue, age 33; both of Waterford, Vermont, for 2nd degree murder and improper disposal of a body. Additional charges may be forth coming as this investigation continues to unfold, as coordinated with the Caledonia County State's Attorney's Office.

Both subjects were processed at the St. Johnsbury Barracks, and the arrest processing photos are attached. Both Allen and Patricia Prue were lodged at the Northeast Correctional Facility in St. Johnsbury and are being held without bail. The arraignment is scheduled for today, Wednesday March 28, at 11:00 AM in Caledonian Criminal Court. 

It was determined by the Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Steven Shapiro that the cause of Ms. Jenkins death was the result of strangulation.

Allen and Patricia Prue are married. They knew Ms. Jenkins and had snow plowed her driveway a couple of years ago.  Investigation determined this was an isolated incident. 

“We are grateful for all of the assistance and support from cooperating agencies, the community, and the press while we investigated this case," said Major Ed Ledo. "Our efforts in this case are not complete, as there is still much work to be done; however we hope these arrests help bring some closure to the family and friends of Melissa Jenkins.  Members of the Crime Scene Search Team executed a search warrant at the Prue residence last night and will continue throughout the day.  The scene was secured over night.  The dedicated men and women of the Vermont State Police and the FBI assigned to this investigation played a vital role in how quickly Ms. Jenkins' body was found and the preservation of evidence which ultimately resulted in the apprehension of the Prues."

I am unable to comment further on this case, as additional details could inhibit the investigative process and judicial proceedings.

Detectives are still interested in speaking with anyone who may have information regarding this case and should call the St. Johnsbury Barracks at 802-748-3111 or submit a secure and anonymous tip on line.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #4 : March 28, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »

Please note:  The Vermont State Police will no longer issue statements or press releases pertaining to the homicide investigation of Melissa Jenkins.  Further inquiries should be directed to the Caledonia County State's Attorney's Office.  Thank you.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : March 28, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »

More details from The Burlington Free Press Web Site:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120328/NEWS07/120328004/

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee

« #6 : March 28, 2012, 01:18:44 PM »

Every day's a gift.
I'm going to hug my wife now.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee

« #7 : March 28, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »

The very disturbing affidavit:

http://blackpearl.wcax.com/documents/PrueAffidavit.pdf

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #8 : March 28, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »

Aboslutely horrible....... When convicted, I hope they never see the light of day!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #9 : March 28, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »

Let us keep her son in our thoughts and prayers.  I can't imagine what it must have been like and is like now for that little fellow.
sdogallen
: 51

« #10 : March 28, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »

The problem is Vermont does'nt have a death penalty. They will be convicted, serve some time, be rehabbed then deemed good enough to turn back into the general public. All the while they are in prison its our tax dollars keeping these scum bags alive! What is wrong with this picture? The only way that there is any penalty for this is that they should have their own lives taken plain and simple. The fact that these animals are still alive is sickening.
kpplus2

« #11 : March 28, 2012, 06:22:41 PM »

I agree! think about it. These two people pre meditated a killing of a great human being. Melissa was a contributing member of society. She help people, was a teacher, had a son, worked two jobs. These murderers were the opposite!  They planned the killing, came up with a plan and made the decision to kill her. They took her from her 2 year old boy, strangled her, beat her, threw her body into the water, burned what they thought was evidence and went home. I say an eye for an eye with this case. This is one of the most horrible crimes that could ever happen to Melissa, her family, and her child. Her son will have to deal with this preventable crime his whole life.  Its time to take control of our life style. Two stabbings in burlington, murder in St J, break-ins in Fairfax and Georgia. Enough is enough. folks I plead if you see, hear, or even think something is not right. Please call local authorities, Hell call me. It might save a life or your property. Time to take back our communities. Sorry these stories get me wound up. 
« : March 18, 2014, 07:57:34 PM Henry »
al brodeur
: 216

« #12 : March 28, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »

the sad thing is that there is no simple answer. but having a death penalty and using it might help,it at least would get some of the vermin of off the streets.
does vermont still have the rehab chair in windsor? this if all accounts are true is a premeditated murder
is the state out of money to buy fuel for the generator? I'll buy the fuel for it. need someone to throw the switch--I'll do it,for free.
Thor

« #13 : March 29, 2012, 04:15:42 AM »

Remember Al, this is the state where the judge let the pedophile avoid jail time because they were concerned over his safety if he was sent to jail.

If this state needs someone to buy the fuel or volunteer to throw the switch, I think the line starts behind kpplus2, as he was the first to state the obvious.... that these two need to just go away. No tax money supporting their pathetic butts in jail, or with attorneys and appeals. Just make them go away for good, so that they cannot ever do this again or create any offspring when our system lets them out in 7 years.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #14 : March 29, 2012, 05:15:01 AM »

I agree! think about it. These two people pre meditated a killing of a great human being. Melissa was a contributing member of society. She help people, was a teacher, had a son, worked two jobs. These murderers were the opposite!  They planned the killing, came up with a plan and made the decision to kill her. They took her from her 2 year old boy, strangled her, beat her, threw her body into the water, burned what they thought was evidence and went home. I say an eye for an eye with this case. This is one of the most horrible crimes that could ever happen to Melissa, her family, and her child. Her son will have to deal with this preventable crime his whole life.  Its time to take control of our life style. Two stabbings in burlington, murder in St J, break-ins in Fairfax and Georgia. Enough is enough. folks I plead if you see, hear, or even think something is not right. Please call local authorities, Hell call me. It might save a life or your property. Time to take back our communities. Sorry these stories get me wound up. 

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: