Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:35:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Pictures from Inside Eastman's Bakery
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures from Inside Eastman's Bakery  ( 9820 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 20, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »

I was up getting the mail, and peered in through the windows at Eastman's Bakery because Henry mentioned that some equipment was arriving today.
Yvone Eastman was inside on the phone, saw me, came out and invited me in. I asked if I could take some pictures to post and she said OK.
My first impression when I walked in, was it reminded me of the old Post Office where Foothills Bakery is now. You walk in and the whole front is lobby, then there is the counters, and the back is all open so you can see everyone working out back in the kitchen. If you had been in the old post office, maybe you will see what I mean when you walk in here.

Yvone said Amoskeg on Fletcher Road built the cabinets. Hope I spelled their name right.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 20, 2011, 01:14:02 PM »

Thanks Mike & Yvonne - Really going to be nice - People like myself are so fortunate to live in a town like Fairfax, where you don't really have to cook and still get some great meals & foods reasonably.  If you want to go to a great restaurant, you have The Vermont Breakfast Company  - If you want to drop in for a sit down intimate breakfast or lunch, you have the Foothills Bakery - quick sandwiches/pizza you have Nan's & Minors and full meals at real reasonable prices you have The Steeple Market with a large variety.

Can't wait to see what Eastman's Bakery will be serving up, but definitely know it will be good & reasonable as I have enjoyed food from Marion for many, many years.

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #2 : January 20, 2011, 04:37:48 PM »

It looks good. Cannot wait & I think my family will be frequent customers. : )
khort
: 149

« #3 : January 21, 2011, 09:58:33 AM »

Looks great! I'll be needing a wedding cake for my daughter at the end of this year, so we will definetly be checking it out!
Trekr
: 140

« #4 : January 22, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »

We are summer campers in Fairfax. Where is Eastman's bakery located?
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : January 22, 2011, 11:31:09 AM »

It is right in the center of The Mini Mall where the Fairfax Post Office is.

Henry Raymond
Trekr

« #6 : January 22, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »

Thanks Henry, We have been to the bakery at the flashing light and were pleased with their fare. We will be sure to stop at this one when we get there.
Trekr

« #7 : January 22, 2011, 12:22:08 PM »

We visited the Steeple market last summer and thought that they might have home baked goods there. The meat selection is great, but didn't find any home baked stuff. We certainly will visit them again this summer. They have a nice place and friendly staff.
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : January 22, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

Each place has their own specialty - Steeple's is more meals and does not bake desserts there.

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #9 : January 22, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »

We visited the Steeple market last summer and thought that they might have home baked goods there. The meat selection is great, but didn't find any home baked stuff. We certainly will visit them again this summer. They have a nice place and friendly staff.

We do some pies, cookies, muffins, breads every day. Homemade quiche on Sundays & we also do some homemade banana bread, chocolate mouse & other items once in a while.
« : January 23, 2011, 02:17:48 PM Cat »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: