Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:21:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Speed Limit Change On Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Speed Limit Change On Fletcher Road  ( 14968 )
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #15 : April 21, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »

NOW, if they only pulled people over to give them a warning and inform the driver of the new speed limit, I would be OK with that.

I agree with you 100% !   If they want people to obey the speed signs then the morally correct thing to do would be to sit there as a presence the first day or two so that people see the cop car, notice the new postings, and correct their speed from then on (in theory.) After that, pull people over and warn them that the speed has changed and that they should watch it from then on. It is absolutely wrong and stupid to post a road from 50 to 30mph and then pull over and ticket people within a week or two of the signs going up. Why not just put up one of those signs that posts your traveled speed as you go by, which would give people warning and inform them of the new speed limit simultaneously WITHOUT wasting law enforcement money and time... A 20mph change! Ridiculous...
trussell
: 870

« #16 : April 21, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »

I may be wrong, but I believe there have been some residents that petitioned the Select Board to lower the speed on Fletcher and Buck Hollow roads... I seem to remember a movement a few years ago.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mummy
: 280

« #17 : April 22, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »

And I recall folks asking for the MOON too!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #18 : April 22, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »

Exactly Mummy.........

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #19 : April 22, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »

Several months ago a petition was submitted to the Fairfax Selectboard
asking for the reduction of the speed limit on the aforementioned stretch of road
from 50MPH to 30MPH.

A traffic study was done and the need was determined to be real.

The Selectboard added a 40MPH sign to make the change more gradual.

The Speed Limit Change was posted at the Town Office and
at Minor's Country Store and possibly other places.

It was not submitted to the Fairfax News or www.FranklinOne.com.
It is not related to the upcoming bridge construction in any way, shape or form.

I have not heard from the Sheriff yet as to whether tickets or warnings were issued.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #20 : April 22, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »

My biggest problem with it is that the 40 MPH is posted at the top of the hill and at the bottom of the hill near Claude's barn it is posted 30 MPH - Most likely need a blinking caution light, because try as I might, I keep forgetting and find myself going 45 MPH at the 30 MPH sign.  Over the years I have learned to slow down at the top of Mill Hill and do that automatically - This is going to take a while I fear unless I find some unique way to remind myself.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #21 : April 22, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »

Maybe we could erect a Henry Raymond Boulevard Begins Here sign ?

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #22 : April 22, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »

I've gotten two speeding tickets since I got my license 60 years ago - One in Essex Center and one in front of Kerbs Hospital, both for going 42 MPH in a 25 mile zone - Maybe I will need to stick my own little reminder up near Joe Rainvilles beside the road.

Henry Raymond
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #23 : April 22, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »

I agree with henry.  The placement of signs on that much of a grade is a blatant and obvious speed trap.  I bet soon there will be a sheriff parking only sign in Claude's driveway.
BAS07180
: 4

« #24 : April 23, 2010, 09:40:40 AM »

I travel down Fletcher Road every day and find myself slamming on the brakes now in front of Claude's barn and thinking "Oh $%$#!" as I look in my rear-view mirror expecting to see blue lights flashing. I remember when I first got my license the entire Fletcher Road was 30 mph; I don't know why it is so hard for us to adjust back. Its funny I can drive faster down hill in front of Fairfax Commons right on Main Street than on Fletcher Road. It just doesn't feel natural!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #25 : April 23, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »

On my way to work, as I am getting ready to ride my breaks down the hill I see the moved the signs!!  Speed limit of 30mph now does not begin until AFTER Claude's house.  The reduce speed sign is now where the 30mph sign was.

Chris, let us know when you find out if tickets were given.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: