Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:58:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Search Effort Going On In Westford/Fairfax Browns River
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Search Effort Going On In Westford/Fairfax Browns River  ( 14061 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #15 : December 19, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »

State Police Investigators have suspended their search for the remains of a Westford women - Allegedly murdered by her daughter three years ago.

For the last three days Troopers have been scouring an area behind the town elementary school where they believed the remains of 78-year old Mary Wilcox were dumped.

Police say her daughter, 59-year-old Jeanne Sevigny, killed Wilcox at their house and burned her body. Then police say Sevigny's son Greg got rid of the remains. Police plan to re-evaluate their efforts early next week.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #16 : December 19, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
DIVISION OF STATE POLICE
WILLISTON FIELD STATION

** UPDATED PRESS RELEASE **

UPDATED INFORMATION
DATE OF RELEASE:  December 19, 2009
ISSUED BY: Sgt. Tara Thomas, Public Information Officer
DETAILS:

After three days of an intense and extensive search for the remains of Mary Wilcox in a wooded area behind the Westford Elementary School, the Vermont State Police has suspended their efforts for the remainder of the weekend. This search included members of the State Police Crime Scene Search Team, the Search and Rescue Team and a cadaver K-9 unit from the CT State Police.

The State Police will re-evaluate the circumstances early next week to determine what, if any search efforts can resume at this time.     

Captain David Covell, Chief Criminal Investigator for the Vermont State Police states, “The unfortunate decision to suspend our search efforts for Ms. Wilcox for the remainder of the weekend, and potentially the duration of the winter months comes as a result of exhausting all possible search efforts at this time. The specific areas searched were based on information that had been developed during the course of the investigation to date.  The lack of further definitive information on the exact location of Ms. Wilcox’s remains, and the current ground conditions are contributing factors as to why the search has been suspended at this time.  I would like to thank the Westford Elementary School for their patience and cooperation during our search efforts over the last three days." 

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: