Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:58:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 7/2/10 and Blog- Racing, Bridge 10, and More
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 7/2/10 and Blog- Racing, Bridge 10, and More  ( 3352 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 01, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »

Friday July 2, 2010
Pictures of the Day

Friday's the Day!!

Never mind "Knee high by the 4th of July", this is throat high by the 2nd of July. Jeez, I should have shaved first. I had gone up to the Union Bank Thursday afternoon, when I noticed the height of the corn where the old football field was. I decided to check it out. Waded in a little ways, pulled out the camera, held it out with my right hand, and shot. On the viewscreen, I was almost impressed. Kind of a different way of looking at something. Was never very photogenic, but this wasn't half bad.

RACING, BRIDGE 10, AND MORE

We'll start with Bridge 10. Friday is the day when life on Rt. 104 tries to return to normal. Heading to the races early so I probably will miss the big moment.
But I will say this-
If you live in the village, keep your ears peeled. When they open the bridge, all hell will break loose. If all of a sudden, you start hearing car horns blowing, the road is open. Because I imagine the first few cars will celebrate crossing the bridge.

Two nights in LaFargeville, NY and the third in Vernon. Follow along at:
www.twitter.com/unclemikevt

Hope everyone has a very safe Independence Day weekend!!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : July 02, 2010, 07:32:22 AM »

Mike,
Didn't realize the corn was that tall.  If you notice at the end of the rows, closer to McNall Road, we have a test crop.  Different varieties every ten row or so.  There is an orange stake in front of various rows.  It's hard to say which variety is doing better than the other.  Thanks for the pic!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : July 03, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »

Children Of the Corn...
wasn't that a movie???
: [1]  
« previous next »
: