Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:53:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Vermont Sheep Dairies Are In Trouble
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Sheep Dairies Are In Trouble  ( 2372 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 26, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »

A friend of mine, Dick Phinney asked if I would make people aware of this:

Given that most of my aquaintenances are aware that my son and daughter-in-law are recognized as world class leaders in the production of artisan sheep cheeses with recognition of such by the American Cheese Society, I am requesting your support of the entrepreneurial spirit which, at one time, dominated this country.

Once again, our government in their never-ending  bureaucratic interference, has acted hastily to financially burden small sheep dairy farms without regard for their actions or consequences.

Equivalent to their incompetent actions of years past in totally destroying two complete Vermont herds which comprised of several hundred sheep, the Food and Drug Administration has now placed additional unnecessary financial and labor burden on small sheep dairies by enacting mandatory, untimely and expensive testing requirements on all such U.S. (domestic) sheep cheese dairies….

The U.S. imports European sheep cheese, competitively marketed throughout and governed by a standard unapproved for domestic distribution.  Inconsistent as it may be, this void does place an undue burden on our domestic producers.
Presently, this restriction is viewed as an unleveling of the playing field.  Our dairies are now being jeopardized by our bureaucratic restrictions.

If you so desire, the Willow Hill Farm blog is available for further information as follows: WWW.WILLOWHILLFARMDIARY .BLOGSPOT.COM.  There is also an interest survey and I would appreciate your response.
Additionally, a note or comment to the www.ruralvermont.com  editor would be appropriate.

I solicit further circulation of this note as Congressional interest in correcting this inappropriate action appears minimal at this time.
Thanks,
Dick

For more information on this, click on the following pdf file:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/temp/factsheet.pdf

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: