Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:19:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Beautiful Full Moon Last Night
« previous next »
: [1]
: Beautiful Full Moon Last Night  ( 2515 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 24, 2016, 06:40:03 AM »

Well I didn't see the full moon & it was way too cold to go outside & look.  It was like daylight out there.  The temperature hovered around -5.  Not bright like it was last night & it is -10.7.  Moonlight in Vermont.  Absolutely beautiful.  I remember sliding in the moonlight on Fairfield Ridge when I was a kid.  We had a 6foot.  tobaggon, easy to pull back up the hill on the hard crusty snow.  Lots of fun & we were dressed warm.

I understand kids used to slide down Hunt St, Main Hill & Buck Hill in the old days.  Wouldn't be safe to do that now.

Henry Raymond
johnmitchell
: 62

« #1 : January 27, 2016, 08:41:51 AM »

Sue's grandfather, Clifford "Clip" Stewart, used to tell of sliding down Main St. on a traverse sled.  One of the group would be on the corner in front of what is now the bakery with a lantern.  When the lantern was waved, which meant no oncoming horse or car traffic, the sled would descend and go all the way to the "iron bridge" (Lamoille Bridge).  I think Main hill was dirt then as well. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: