Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:59:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  This Date in Fairfax History-October 31, 1980- BFA Boys Win 1st XC Title
« previous next »
: [1]
: This Date in Fairfax History-October 31, 1980- BFA Boys Win 1st XC Title  ( 2945 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 31, 2010, 08:27:20 AM »

This Date in Fairfax History
October 31, 1980

The BFA Boys Cross Country team won it's first Vermont State Class "M" championship. As an added bonus, Fairfax runner Jeff Shedd won the race. Other top BFA runners were Norman Senna, Mike Forsey, and Doug Shepardson.

Amazing how 30 years, minus one day, later, a Fairfax runner wins the state race. Cam Weber's victory in yesterday's D3 race is only the second time a Fairfax runner won the individual race.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : October 31, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »

Mike      I think Mike Forcey was the goalie that fall in soccer and , in the spring , one of BFA's pitchers plus , if my memory serves me right, he also played on the school's basketball team. Previously in the State Championship between Proctor & BFA in 1978 he came within a fingernail of making an impossible stop on the winning goal for Proctor. Quite an athlete.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : October 31, 2010, 12:18:59 PM »

Dick, this was the year that yes, Mike Forsey started the year playing soccer. However, during the season, Mike broke a bone in his forearm. Rules state you can't play soccer with a cast on, not even you arm. Mike was done soccer for that year, but he was OK to run cross country, so he did. Soccer's loss was XC's gain.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : October 31, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that Mike wasn't allowed to participate in soccer because of his cast . For several years, the rules allowed students to do several sports in the same season , especially in small schools,  and , of course , if the school itself allowed it. ( In larger schools, some institutions forced their athletes to chooose a sport. ) Wonder if the VPA allows students to compete on multi-sports teams in the same season now ????
: [1]  
« previous next »
: