Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:47:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Meals on Wheels volunteers needed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Meals on Wheels volunteers needed  ( 1612 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 23, 2006, 07:16:50 PM »

Hi All,

Received the following note from Jean Markey-Duncan:

Good afternoon:

I work for Champlain Valley Agency on Aging.  We are a non-profit whose mission it is to help people age with independence and dignity.  To that end, we offer many services including the delivery of a hot nutritious meal to a persons door through our Meals on Wheels Program.

We rely on volunteers to deliver and have about 900 throughout the four counties we serve.  Fairfax/Fletcher has a team of wonderful volunteers.  We are currently looking for a regular Meals on Wheels driver to deliver hot nutritious meals to seniors in need in the area.  A Meals on Wheels driver would be willing to donate one hour of their time once a week or once every other week to provide this community service. 

I am contacting businesses in Fairfax this week to see if there is an interest in this wonderful community service. We already have someone who works at the local physical therapist's office delivering meals.   I noticed your website and thought you might be able to help in some way. 

Meals are picked up at Steeples Market at 11:30 AM.  There are four stops currently and under an hour delivery time.  It means a great deal to people who receive these meals.

Thank you for you consideration and it would be a great help.  I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Jean Markey-Duncan

P.S.   Also, if you have the name of a person whom you think might like to donate their lunchtime one day a week or every other week to provide this vital service, please consider sharing that name with me and I will make the contact.

Jean Markey-Duncan
Nutrition Program Assistant
Champlain Valley Agency on Aging P.O. Box 158
Winooski, VT 05404
Phone: (802) 865-0360 X1040
Fax: (802) 865-0363
e-mail:  jean@cvaa.org

Senior HelpLine 1-800-642-5119

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: