Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:41:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Select Board
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Select Board  ( 15419 )
rvkids
: 19

« : December 13, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »

Can any one tell me why there is no post about needing  a new select board person.It has not even been posted that Chris Santee got done.  I  don,t want it just thought we had to post these important  information  for all the town to know  so that anyone that might want it can have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!! This a very thankless job. So thanks for what you do.
nhibbard
: 393

« #1 : December 13, 2014, 10:22:09 AM »

It should be posted in 3 places. But the spot was already filled. I'm not sure there was any notice given.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : December 16, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »

From the Vermont Select Board Handbook:

The selectboard must fill all town vacancies until an election is held.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
sue
: 124

« #3 : December 16, 2014, 03:18:36 PM »

Who is the replacement?  And for which member ?
mkr
Administrator

« #4 : December 16, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »

Chris Santee is gone and Lauri Fisher is the replacement until next election.

nhibbard

« #5 : December 16, 2014, 08:03:52 PM »

The Board missed on their legal obligation to notify the town that the position was open. It wan't hard to find since it was in the same place they found that they could fill the position. They did not have to fill the position prior to receiving the formal resignation, or prior to noticing the town. I'm also confused about when they filled this since it wasn't on any agenda that I saw. There was no need for an emergency meeting so it should have been noticed.

I just find it interesting how long it takes to get some things done but others that should be more carefully done are finished up before they even start.
sue

« #6 : December 16, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »

Agreed
nhibbard

« #7 : December 16, 2014, 08:56:36 PM »

A letter of resignation has been received from Chris Santee. A letter of
interest has been received from a resident asking to be considered for
appointment to the Selectboard in a temporary position until the next
election.
*Peter made the motion to accept Ms. Fisher’s request for appointment to the
Selectboard in a temporary position until the next election/Town Meeting.
Leebeth seconded the motion. The motion carried with a vote of 4-0.

When did they accept letters of interest?  Did anyone hear of this? How would
anyone know there was a vacancy if this was the meeting where they were noting receiving the letter
of resignation?

There is a posted agenda and minutes now, but I was just at the Post Office on Sunday and saw plenty of other prior notices. Was this meeting even
properly noticed in two public places. I just find the whole notice process interesting. How can the town give informed input if they're not given
the chance. Especially when it comes to un-elected appointments to elected positions.
nhibbard

« #8 : December 16, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »

Another question. Does anyone know when the minutes of the 12/3/2014 meeting were posted. I swear they were not up there the other day. They were supposed to be posted by the 8th.
kpplus2

« #9 : December 16, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »

town web site under selectboard minutes scroll to the bottom or copy and paste the below.

http://www.fairfax-vt.gov/index.asp?SEC=FF642D0E-3DD2-4C15-80B0-A06C8C939240&DE=4938518E-EDFB-42CA-B70C-6CFD9F65D75E&Type=B_BASIC
mkr
Administrator

« #10 : December 17, 2014, 06:35:44 AM »

I asked a select board member about the posting. It was posted on the web site and on the agenda that is posted.

This is a temporary fill until the election in March. They followed all required rules for notice and appointment. Ms. Fisher could seek to run for the position at that time to fill Chris Santee's Term.

I thank her for stepping up and filling the position for the interim!

sue

« #11 : December 17, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »

I didn't see the minutes either.  Checked Sunday 12/14
Barbara
: 270

« #12 : December 17, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »

I learned of the Selectboard vacancy by viewing the December 1, 2014 LCATV taping of the Fairfax Selectboard meeting.  At 1:35:30 the selectboard assistant prompts the board as to there being four members.  Ms. Lemieux asks at 1:36 if there has been any word from the absent member.  Discussion ensues about an expected resignation but nothing formal until Mr. King offers the news he has just received a text message on his phone and holds it out to Ms. Lemieux. The discussion ends there with some laughter.  The agenda for a December 3rd meeting includes - Act on other business: Selectboard vacancy. This meeting's agenda gives notice of the intent to recess until December 8.  The minutes for both portions of this meeting were posted on the Town website late in the day on Monday the 15th.
mkr
Administrator

« #13 : December 17, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »

The Agenda was also posted in multiple places as required.  The minutes go up on the website after they have been approved at the next meeting.

nhibbard

« #14 : December 17, 2014, 01:19:17 PM »

Ther minutes are supposed to be posted 5 days after a meeting, not after the approval of the minutes. And the recordings and other minutes were not up before that meeting. My issue is there was no clear notice for anyone to give interest who wasn't at the meeting on the 1st. And unless it was posted at the post office on the 2nd, the was not correct notice. There was not another meeting until the 15th so this did not need to be filled within two days. The statute put no expression of how soon a position must be filled.

There is also nothing I see in the minutes of the 1st that led to any discussion about this. Maybe they're just very incomplete minutes.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: