Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:18:02 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bin Laden Killed!
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Bin Laden Killed!  ( 14565 )
7F24
: 253

« #15 : May 03, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

I too feel a little uncomfortable with celebration over someone's death.  I have to admit though, I'm glad we don't have to watch a group of high paid lawyers make a mockery of our legal system for the next 5 years.
ASDuling
: 75

« #16 : May 03, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »

Honestly, I think the "celebrating" has been misrepresented.  What I heard from the people I know who live in NYC, the only ones partying were college kids who were about 10 years old during 9/11 and don't quite understand the impact. The other folks and even the Firefighters were more somber, shedding tears of joy and overwhelmed by the news. Unfortunately, the celebrations are what the media chose to represent the American response. 
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #17 : May 03, 2011, 03:34:38 PM »

There's a Quote circulating on facebook:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
 — Martin Luther King Jr.

Death is not ours to dole out and feel righteous about.....  Having said that, it IS human nature in all of us to want justice.  Even though no one I knew died on September 11, 2001 as a result from those attacks, I, like MANY other Americans was scarred by it.   It tore a wound in the collective hearts and minds of ALL.  Us Americans.  Beyond Americans actually - USA-loving, Peace-loving, compassionate and loving peoples of the world mourned our tragedy - just as they rejoice in this justice now with us.  If we must rejoice in death - let it me that the mastermind is no longer driving the AL Qaeda bus.

One other note - they say that you show yourmeddle when you come face to face with death - i hear OBL used human shields... if that's true - hopefully his followers hear that too and realize what sort of coward, led them - someone who was suppose to gladly die fo the cause - someone who gladly sent others willing to die for his cause before him

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #18 : May 03, 2011, 05:21:08 PM »

oh this should be good.....im glad he is gone but isnt it better to know your enemies ?who will take his place? someone we dont know
Thor

« #19 : May 03, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »

Ed,

It is always good to know your enemies, but I think we have a pretty good grasp on that. We know who the players are and who might try to ascend to the power seat. And at this point, I'm not sure anyone of them will be jumping for the opportunity to fill the slot that has been recently vacated by UBL. My guess is Zawahiri by default at first, then a move towards a more radical like Awlaki. Or perhaps one of the others from AQ, who is read into most of their current planning. I would love to see some infighting between all the factions now, claiming their area should now be the center of gravity. AQM, AQAP, AQP.... would be awesome if they started whacking each other!

vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #20 : May 04, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »

Well said Josh...

BTW...Looks like Bin Laden's episode of Cribs didn't go that well, huh? lol
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #21 : May 04, 2011, 02:55:25 AM »

I just read this thread....

I made a post in my little corner of the Forums.....
I am glad I am not the only one that feels the same way about the celebrating and noticing the age of the celebrators.

Was anyone watching FOX when Geraldo made HIS slip up????

Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #22 : May 05, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »

THANKS VTOUTDOORGUYMB !!

Mike, I didn't see it but I have to admit that I have slipped up a couple time talking about Osama!! LOL the names are close what can you do??

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Kathleen
: 167

« #23 : May 05, 2011, 10:28:11 AM »

There's a Quote circulating on facebook:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
 — Martin Luther King Jr.

Just FYI:  the first sentence is not a quote from Martin Luther King Jr. but the rest is (from "Returning hate..." on) but I love it anyway and have put it up at my desk at work.

To celebrate or not to celebrate -- same conversation as death penalty or no death penalty -- way too political and emotional conversation to get into on this forum.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #24 : May 06, 2011, 02:38:12 AM »

I heard a talking head do the same slip up on CNN just Wednesday night...

Darn tele prompters.

Ever seen Anchor man, Tits MacGee?

THANKS VTOUTDOORGUYMB !!

Mike, I didn't see it but I have to admit that I have slipped up a couple time talking about Osama!! LOL the names are close what can you do??
Thor

« #25 : May 06, 2011, 04:02:02 AM »

Hey have you guys heard about the new drink that is out... called the Bin Laden.  Two shots and a splash of water!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: