Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:06:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  You don't want to miss The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
: [1]
: You don't want to miss The Wizard of Oz  ( 2645 )
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« : November 06, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »

It has been 75 years since Frank Baum's beloved story of The Wizard of Oz first graced the big screen. Since that time, it has become a favored classic, with nearly every adult alive knowing what lies over the rainbow and agreeing that there's no place like home.
It has been 10 years since the late Richard Hanson brought this story to life in Fairfax. His hard work and dedication created a show that many still remember. In many ways, that show was the beginning of a very vibrant drama program within the halls of BFA. Students currently have the ability to wet their feet in the dramatic arts at 8 years of age and continue right through their senior year. The program grows in number each and every year.
It has become tradition to bring a musical to life on the BFA stage each fall. If you've been fortunate, you've seen the amazing recent performances of The Beauty and the Beast, Willy Wonka, Seussical, and last year, The Little Mermaid. This year, we bring you The Wizard of Oz. Almost 50 of our current Fairfax students have been working since August on this year's BFA Dramatic Arts Ensemble's production. The show hits the stage next week and tickets are now on sale.
Come support the hard work of some amazing kids and enjoy a quality local show which promises to please.

Thursday, November 14th, at 7:00pm
Friday, November 15th, at 7:00pm
Saturday, November 16th, at 2:00pm and 7:00pm

You may purchase tickets by calling 849-6711. Seats are $10 for adults, $8 for students. Don't delay, our shows sell out quickly!
« : November 06, 2013, 08:53:33 PM Julie & 6pt Dave »
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : November 07, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »

Sounds great! I would like to add that Ernest Codding did the Wizard of Oz in the early 80's; I was an an Oz girl in the 6th grade. It was tons of fun being young in a high school play!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: