Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:45:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sex Is Up, Marijuana Use Is Up & Alcohol Use Is Down !!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sex Is Up, Marijuana Use Is Up & Alcohol Use Is Down !!  ( 6555 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 04, 2010, 03:56:37 PM »

Below is a link to the results of the 2009 Franklin County Vermont Youth Risk Behavior Survey. It's an interesting snapshot capturing what behaviors 8-12th graders are participating in (sex is up - marijuana use is up, alcohol use is down).

http://www.ruralpartnerships.org/storage/2009-yrbs/2009%20Franklin%20County%20YRBS.pdf

Henry Raymond
special ED

« #1 : March 04, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »

so are taxes
DrewCrash
: 104

« #2 : March 04, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »

so are taxes

LOL. Well stated. There is a campaign, eliminate/reduce drug use by decreasing taxes.
trussell
: 870

« #3 : March 04, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »

Actually Drew, I think the campaign is to legalize pot so that it can be taxed!

Ed, perhaps that's why alcohol (taxed) use is down and marijuana use (non-taxed) is up.  Just a thought.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : March 05, 2010, 02:15:06 AM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : March 05, 2010, 07:52:50 AM »

Wow that kind of makes sense............................

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
cedarman
: 370

« #6 : March 08, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »

So, what I'm hearing is:

we are paying MORE income, land/school taxes BECAUSE alcohol use is down (not just amung teens, but fewer adults are going to bars and buying less adult beverages at restaurants that serve them, and adults are are buying cheaper alcohol at liquor stores).  Tobacco smoking is on the decline also.

SO, fiscally, it makes sense to legalize and tax the life and enjoyment out of pot use while it's a growing market.

I doubt it will close the budget gap, but it might decrease it a little so fewer people will be "hurt" by the lack of government services.  Also, since they will be able to smoke dope legally, maybe they'll be high enough they won't care about big brother helping them less, and we'll be able to cut even more unnecessary services/perks from the budget.
Mike Raburn

« #7 : March 27, 2010, 01:42:52 AM »

On ANOTHER NOTE............

The 4x in a row Iditarod Champion, "WACKY TABACCY" Lance MacKey, tested NEGATIVE as he crossed the finish line in NOME!
He has a "medicinal marijuana" script.  They made an issue of that last year.
The other mushers complained of the twinkie wrappers,,,,,(I keed)

They tested  all of the mushers before and after.
I mean REALLY???
Come On...........

He is OBVIOUSLY on SPEED or METH to win 4 Iditarods in row, he NEVER sleeps!

Test them puppies!!
I bet they are loaded with coffee!
That sumptuous Green Mountain Roasters Vermont coffee............makes ya wanna get up and RUN through the Tundra, coffee.
Tap a birch tree and stuff and what not.

VOTE NO on PROP 10!!
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #8 : March 28, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »

It is also worth mention that millions are spent each year to prosecute and incarcerate non-violent marijuana users/dealers/and recreational experimentalists.

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #9 : March 29, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

Careful Bcota - you're tempting the Miltant zealots who onyl see things in black and white.  Drugs are drugs and thus ALL drugs are bad.  No one shoudl be allowed to make their own choices in this regard as they're obviously not of right mind if they chose to imbibe.

Sorry if my facetiousness is thick - i've just had enough with others ALWAYS having an opinion ( and is ome instances a vote on) on how others around them should live. 

VPR actually had a mock study about 3-4 months ago about what would happen if the US suddenly leaglized marijuana.  It was suppose to bust some myths though there wasn't a lot of substantiative work done on their conclusions.  Bottom line was that in the furst 5 years of legalization, net profits nationally would only be abotu 50 billion.  that's taking into account money saved from lack of 10-20,00 arrests a year and tariffs on sales to adults over 21. 

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Mike Raburn

« #10 : April 02, 2010, 11:26:03 PM »

Loc,
Two suggestions from ME and take them as a grain of salt.

1. But the bong down before posting.
2. Spell check.

You made some excellent points, after I translated them.

party on!!!!!!!!!

(never tried the ganga, I like scotch. I know, square)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: