Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:20:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  *WINTER STORM WARNING* 7 AM Sunday Until & AM Monday
« previous next »
: [1]
: *WINTER STORM WARNING* 7 AM Sunday Until & AM Monday  ( 2276 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 21, 2009, 07:44:28 PM »

My daughter's family is up for the weekend and had planned to head back tomorrow afternoon.  After seeing tonight's weather forecast, they plan to leave now after the 9:30 Mass at St. Luke's in the morning:

A *WINTER STORM WARNING* is in effect for the Champlain Valley and Vermont from 7 AM Sunday until 7 AM Monday.  A *WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY* is in effect for the Adirondacks and Saint Lawrance Valley. 

Snow will begin around daybreak Sunday, and become heavy at times Sunday afternoon and Sunday night, as a storm system quickly strengthens off the coast.  It will become windy Sunday night, causing blowing and drifting snow.  The snow will taper to snow showers Monday afternoon.

Total accumulation will be 6 to 12 inches for the warning area, with 12 to 18 inches possible for the Green Mountains.  The advisory area can expect 3 to 6 inches.  For the latest information on the winter storm, watch The Channel 3 News at 6 PM.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 22, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

My daughter just called.  They left right after 8:30 Mass this morning.  She said traffic was bumper to bumper travelling about 40 mph from Richmond down to I91 in White River.  She said it is better on I91, but they will be happy to get home I am sure.  She said the traffic from Richmond on was mainly out-of-staters.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: