Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:27:03 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Poetry Out Loud Winners!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Poetry Out Loud Winners!  ( 2458 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : January 07, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

BFA Fairfax held the classroom contests for 2010 Poetry Outloud on Thursday January 7th.   Poetry Outloud is a nationwide poetry recitation contest in which over 400,000 students compete in all fifty states.   To participate students memorize two poems and then present them  to an audience and judges.  Students who qualify with their first recitation then proceed to present the second poem.
  Presentations are judged by a variety of criteria including difficulty of poem, number of errors, dramatization, clarity of speech. 

Fairfax will hold its  school competition on January 27th. The winner of  the school contest competes in the state championship in Montpelier in early March for the chance to go to Washington DC for the national championship in April. 

Classroom winners in Fairfax were:

Kirsten Enegren (10)
Evyn Banach (10)
Meghan Bosley (10)
Eli Philips (10)
Lyndsey Wells (10)
Cameron weber (11)
Helene Drelon (11)
Clara Bourdeau (12)
Malrissa Perkins (12)
Heather Peatman (12)
Casey Baczewski (12)
Brett Gennero (12)
Jordan King (12)
Deanne Rocheleau (12)

These students will enter the school finals on 1/17/10. Anyone seeking more information about Peotry Outloud should contact Fred Griffin at BFA Fairfax
: [1]  
« previous next »
: