Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:35:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gas Prices
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Gas Prices  ( 8983 )
sdogallen
: 51

« #15 : April 10, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

I'm wondering if each town/city can put a tax on gas. It seems that the stations in Colchester are always at least 10 cents cheaper than in So. Burlington. I travel rte. 7 everyday and the prices stay the same until Middlebury were they are always much cheaper.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #16 : April 10, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »

RL Vallee has an office behind their Maplefield's store and strive to push the price down.  However, The surrounding stores have to compete and I know that the Sunny Hollow takes a beating on making practically nothing at all or a penny or two a gallon because of it as they are a privately owned store and they are at the mercy of wholesaler setting prices to buy it and Mapefields setting it for competition but they are owned by RL Vallees.

It just plain stinks to be the privately owned store for gas, that is one thing for sure.....

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: