Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:41:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mystery Solved - I Can Now Access BFP Web Site
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mystery Solved - I Can Now Access BFP Web Site  ( 1839 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 06, 2007, 06:46:25 PM »

Hi All,

Ah yes!!  Came out of my Senior Moment today and remembered the last time that I couldn't get on The Burlington Free Press Web Site.  Drove the Web Site Guy bonkers as he gave me different things to try.

I got on Maryann's computer and she couldn't get on the Free Press web site either.  Had a number of people send me notes with the link they used.  Tried the link to a news item on Chris Santee's web site and nothing.

What is the solution??

I disconnect my modem and router completely and remove the connectors to the computer.  Leave it off for a couple of minutes, then connect everything back and Voila!!  When I click on The Burlington Free Press Web site, up it comes.

Had this happen once also on my Verizon DSL Start Page and the Technician at Verizon had me do the same thing.

When you appear to be the only one who can't get on a particular web site, one kind of thinks they are sliding over the edge.

Thank God, Mystery solved.  Next time this happens to me, I trust someone will remind me what I did.  Glad I didn't call that poor guy at the Free Press again.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : September 07, 2007, 05:28:39 AM »

75% of tech calls end up the same way.
Unplug, wait, try again.

One day my keyboard wouldn't type.
You probably all enjoyed that day.
:-)

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net