Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:20:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Theft Outbreak In Westford Frustrates Residents
« previous next »
: [1]
: Theft Outbreak In Westford Frustrates Residents  ( 2108 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 01, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »

Henry Raymond
Happy

« #1 : September 03, 2007, 09:20:31 AM »

I have often wondered why a group of smaller communities like Westford, Fairfax, Fletcher and Cambridge don't join forces and create their own Law Enforcement District.  Sort of like a school district.  Wouldn't we then be able to pool our resources and have our own law enforcement professionals right in our communities?  That way we wouldn't be dependant on the State Police, which appears to be a system that just isn't working.  I do not for one minute fault the State Police.  They are doing all they can, but they are quite obviously spread way too thin.  I know absolutely nothing about law enforcement so this may be a crazy idea, but from an outsiders perspective it seems like a viable option.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : September 03, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »

Westford, Jericho and Underhill, at times, share one trooper.
No doubt a busy one.

Fairfax and Georgia hire the Franklin County Sheriff's Department.
Vermont State Police also patrol and respond to Fairfax.

I recently was in Sheriff Norris' office and Fairfax is quite safe.
We also have a neghborhood watch.

And in Fairfax, as opposed to Westford, I have never heard anyone complain their condoms were stolen.
(Read article)

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: