Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:55:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Star in our midst!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Star in our midst!!!  ( 3883 )
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« : August 18, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »

Nice interview Henry!  For those that missed it Henry was the main "interviewee" on the WCAX news discussing IBM's 50 years in Vermont.  I know of so many people that have spent time there or are related to someone.  (I spent 4 years there, and my father is just a bit over 30..)

Again, nice job Henry!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : August 18, 2007, 07:41:54 PM »

My wife and I sat down to watch the Channel 3 News
thinking maybe we would see our friend Henry Raymond in the crowd.

Wow, there was Henry being interviewed !
Governor Douglas and his wife Dorothy were in the background.

You did a great job, Henry.

And then they interviewed Henry some more.
I'll be looking for a link for any of you who missed it.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : August 19, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »

I didn't see the news Saturday night. WCAX's site was not working later in the evening. It is now, but no mention of of the story.
And absolutely nothing about it in today's Free Press. I found THAT very odd.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : August 20, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »

Hi All,

Well, I am just recovering a bit from our big 50th Anniversary.  What a wonderful, wonderful day it was.  I didn't get to meet and visit with all the people I wanted to as I had many notes from people who were unable to come that wanted pictures of the event and in particular some of the old timers.  My youngest daughter Mary Kay came with me in the morning and between the two of us we took about a hundred photos.  Theresa Gross also took a bunch of photos.  It was truly an enlightening day as at least amongst us old IBMers, we have a problem remembering who is still alive and who died, so during the course of the day, I met three people that I thought had died a while back.  I have no idea of the count of the number of people that were there, but according to our somewhat questionable count of a little less than a 100 of the original 400 who are still living, I believe over 70 of them were there.  I came back after Maryann about 12:30 and brought her down to see the festivities.

IBM had a 50th Anniversary Celebration that was absolutely unbelievable.  There was something for everyone with games, prizes, food, displays and a place for the retirees to gather in the large end of the cafeteria with tables, chairs, coffee, danish, doughnuts and more.  In the afternoon, a favorite retiree game was available where everyone met in the morning as a large group played bingo. There was entertainment going on all day under the big tent and the weather although it started out a little rough ended up great.

Now although these pictures may mean very little to you because they are mainly of my really old retiree friends I worked with 50 years ago, it will give you a general idea of what a great celebration we had.  Click on the following link to view if you wish:

[/b]
« : August 20, 2007, 07:20:39 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: