Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:35:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Free Press/Franklin County Edition & Henry
« previous next »
: [1]
: Free Press/Franklin County Edition & Henry  ( 3906 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 16, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »

Hi All,

Well, the Saga of the Franklin County Edition and The Burlington Free Press continues.  One nice thing about being retired and a Senior Citizen, you have the time to pursue and the crankiness to be aggravated, when  you just can’t seem to get through to someone that there is a problem.

It all started a number of months ago when The Burlington Free Press announced that they were coming out with a weekly Franklin County Section to their newspaper.  Well, to this day, I have never received it, except through the kindness on two occasions of a few friends that gave me a copy. 

I am conservative, not cheap, and don’t intend to go down to The Steeple Market or Nan’s and pay $1.75 for a copy of the Franklin County Edition.  By the way, Minor’s Country Store does not receive the Franklin County Edition either and I do believe they are in Fairfax/Franklin County.

I tried a new person this morning when I contacted the Free Press.  His name is Kevin Shields and he actually lives in Jeffersonville.  He told me that because over 90% of our Motor Carrier’s Route is in Lamoille County, it would require redesigning routes, but would be difficult as the Route apparently weaves in and out of Lamoille & Franklin County.  He told me it would take a while to do, but took my name and address and told me he would put me on the mailing list to have it mailed to me until he can get it squared away. 

Apparently automation can be a complicated thing and before he hung up, he told me he might just have that carrier deliver a Franklin County Edition to everyone on the Route, irregardless of whether they live in Franklin County or not.

If you are not getting The Franklin County Edition of The Burlington Free Press and want to receive it prior to them getting the carrier routes squared away, you can contact:

Kevin Shields
Circulation Director
(802) 660 1812

Or if you want to e-mail them, give them your mailing address and tell them you are one of those people not getting the Franklin County Edition, click on the following link:

Will let you know when I get my first copy.[/b]
« : July 16, 2007, 09:04:39 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Fairfax_Rick

« #1 : July 16, 2007, 09:17:04 AM »

Read the St. Albans Messenger Henry, and you won't have that problem.
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : July 23, 2007, 08:31:21 AM »

Hi All,

Well, called The Burlington Free Press again this morning - Spoke with Kevin Shields again - He promised to mail me a copy of yesterday's Franklin County Edition again -- Let me see, he promised that last week also - Apparently he has one woman also he has been asked to mail it to - Shouldn't be that big a job, so will see what happens this week - Will let you know if I get it and meanwhile, Oh Yes, I will be reading the Messenger.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : July 24, 2007, 05:19:43 PM »

Apparently, it's a border-town thing with alternate addresses, as I have a friend who lives in Georgia with a Milton zip and he doesn't receive the Franklin County Edition either. My guess is that the Freep is so ego-centric to Chittenden County, they really don't care where the other borders are. So much for the big reach-out to Franklin County!!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : July 25, 2007, 08:11:56 AM »

OK, I called this morning and spoke to:

Kevin Shields
Circulation Director
(802) 660 1812

Rather than wait one more full week and learn that he had not again mailed me the Franklin County Edition, spoke to him and he tells me he mailed the past two weeks editions to me.  I mentioned to him that I also had someone in Georgia having the same problem.  --  Just give him a call and he says he will be glad to mail it out to any Franklin County Subscriber that is not receiving it.

My hopes are up, but will let you know when I have the paper in my hand.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : July 25, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »

Guess what came in the mail today???  The last two weeks Sunday Editions of Franklin County from The Burlington Free Press.  Kevin Shields from the Free Press told me he thought I would get them today and I did.  He is supposed to mail them to me every week until they get the circulation squared away so all Franklin County Residents will get it.  Persistance paid off.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #6 : July 26, 2007, 06:23:57 AM »

So, was there anything good in the issue ???

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: