Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:29:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  GOV Shumlin Skips Screening at BVT
« previous next »
: [1]
: GOV Shumlin Skips Screening at BVT  ( 8855 )
nancyd
: 304

« : February 24, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »

A few months back, I was on a scheduled flight from Burlington airport to NY. I saw Gov Shumlin and a few of his companions bypass the screening line and walked through a side entrance. When I walked to the waiting area at the gate, he was sitting in the waiting room with everyone else. That made me angry.....No one is above the law, not even a Governor. in this age of "high security", the greatest dangers are those unforeseen opportunities .......was his briefcase and luggage within his sight at all times? You get my drift. Elected officials should not be exempt from the security laws that we, the people must abide by.

it is not a safe practice and definitely puts people at risk for the unthinkable yet very possible disaster. Voice your opinion and object to this abuse of power.
nancydahm
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : February 24, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »

i wish he would skip town
kpplus2

« #2 : February 24, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »

That is totally irresponsible. I don't care if he was personally screened at his house by TSA with an ex-ray machine ran by the FBI. Its a perception thing and if you want the peoples vote and support then you eat what the people eat. . .  in this case take your shoes off, strip half naked and get screened with rest of us Innocent fliers.

Just saying. . .

« : February 24, 2012, 05:29:13 PM kpplus2 »
trussell
: 870

« #3 : February 24, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »

I don't necessarily have a problem with him being allowed to jump to the front of the line, but for him and his entourage to bypass security altogether?  I don't think that's right.  Geez, I'm pretty sure even pilots have to go through the security screening!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : February 25, 2012, 06:07:28 AM »

Gov. Peter Shumlin’s public appearance schedule
Feb. 25 – March 2

Saturday, Feb. 25
10:00 a.m.       National Governors Association Meeting, opening news conference
                      J.W. Marriott, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington D.C. Salons D&E

11:00 a.m.      NGA Session: “Growing State Economics”
                     Salon III

12:45 p.m.     Governors Luncheon, business session

7:00 p.m.      Evening NGA events, Mellon Auditorium, 1301 Constitution Ave, NW

Sunday, Feb. 26
7:00 a.m.       Meeting of the Coalition of Northeastern Governors
                    Salon E

9:30 a.m.      NGA Session: Education, Early Childhood & Workforce Development Committee
                  Governor Shumlin chairs this committee. Topic of session: ‘Feeding America’s Children’
                  Salon III

11:30 a.m.     Governors luncheon, business session

2:30 p.m.     NGA Session: ‘The Changing Role of the National Guard’
                  Salon III & IV

4:30 p.m.      NGA Reception; Salon I

6:30 p.m.     Dinner with President and First Lady Obama, The White House

Monday, Feb. 27
7:30 a.m.             Democratic Governors Association business meeting
                                  Salon I

9:00 a.m.         NGA Closing Session, Session III

10:20 a.m.       Governors meeting with President Obama, The White House

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : February 26, 2012, 07:23:02 AM »

Doesn't Suprise me, when I was flying on Military orders and with my Gov Passport I was often walked through security.  I do believed my bags were scaned though.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
nancyd
: 304

« #6 : February 26, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »

The danger is not with the person of Gov Shumlin, but with the knowledge of the fact that he doesn't get screened, no metal detection at the State House, and knowledge of his schedule. Maybe I watch too many spy movies, but it seems pretty evident that these situations are dangerous, and leaves too much to chance.

Nancyd
7F24
: 253

« #7 : February 26, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »

I believe the reason his companions don't go through the screen is because they are carrying guns....State Police.
Thor

« #8 : February 26, 2012, 06:10:15 PM »

Hey Ed,

Maybe we can replace the metal detector at Burlington Airport with a "laser molecular eliminator" and get him to go through it if we complain enough!!! And then.... well you get the idea!!!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #9 : February 28, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

I agree with Trevor 100%.  And I do see the pilots go thru when I have been travelling.  They also get to scoot to the head of the line; which I get as they need to get ready to fly.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
kevin
: 64

« #10 : March 01, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »

There's a list of people who do not go through screening by TSA - governors, Senators, Representatives, LEOs, pilots with firearms and numerous others.  Governor Douglas never went through screening at BTV either.  I have seen Sens Leahy and Sanders and Rep Welch go through screening.  When the governor travels on business it is usually with a member of the State Police so I personally don't think it matters if he goes through or not since the person he is traveling with has a firearm.  If I remember correctly when he travels for pleasure then he must go through the normal screening process.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
: [1]  
« previous next »
: