Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:34:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  According To My Dad - "The Ice Is Never Safe"
« previous next »
: [1]
: According To My Dad - "The Ice Is Never Safe"  ( 3205 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 12, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

I can just barely remember when the ferry used to cross people from West Swanton to East Alburgh, before the bridge was built.  I can remember my father saying that he would never cross Lake Champlain on the ice like a lot of people did in the winter back in the early days.

My mother came from Alburgh and her family lived there, but I never did ask the question as to how they got over to Alburgh after the ferry stopped running in the winter, before the bridge was built back in the late 1930s, however, one thing I am very sure of is that they never drove over on the ice.

Parents can leave a lasting impression on you, and this is one that has always stuck with me.  Everytime I hear of a vehicle or snowmobile going through the ice, it reminds me of what my Dad told me.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : January 31, 2010, 01:55:23 AM »

Never question Dad.

He is the smartest man ever.

Never, ever.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: