Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:18:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  So I Had To Lie
« previous next »
: [1]
: So I Had To Lie  ( 2431 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 07, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »

Went on line last night to apply for my TV Converter Box Coupon, and try as I might, couldn't get it to submit my request.  One of the questions was to select a statement that best described my TV situation:

Check the statement below that best describes your household*

All or some of the TVs in my house subscribe to one or more pay services, such as cable or satellite.

None of the TVs in my house subscribe to one or more pay services, such as cable or satellite.

So I checked the first statement, which did not get me a coupon.  I actually use my antenna as a back-up, should my dish get covered with snow on a snowy evening and I really don't care to go out, get a step-ladder, trudge through the snow and climb up and brush it off.  I did the next best thing and lied and said none of the TVs in my house subscribe to one or more pay services, such as cable or satellite.

That worked and they will be sending me the coupon.

Someday, maybe I will have a new DTV and won't have to worry about it, but meanwhile I plan to use what I have.
« : November 07, 2008, 08:12:28 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : November 07, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »

When you do decide to get a new tv make sure it has at least to HDMI inputs and has a "cpu" input.

Also, you don't really need a high end brand name tv. I got a 42" LCD, HD, 1080p of around $800.00 last summer. It is an Insignia brand.

I had built a new computer a year and half ago with a video card that out puts in HD. (Dumb luck)
I ran an DVI to HDMI cord to my TV and we watch shows streaming over the internet now from sites like Netflix, Hulu, and most of the broadcast channel websites. ABC actually streams select shows in HD. ABC is not offered over cable here in HD.
Hulu has a few shows and movies in HD and are adding more soon.

Some of the new BluRay players have an ethernet port where you can plug into your router and let you get Netflix streamed.
I think the streaming package from Netflix is around $7.00 per month.

If you are an early riser and not too full of turkey, November 28th would be the best day to get a deal on a new HD tv.
My wife went to Walmart last year @ 5am and scored a 36" LCD HD for $400.00.

NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : November 07, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »

Hmmm....Henry ever consider running for office?  A little white lie to get what you want?  Sounds just like some of our elected officials!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: