Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:13:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fortunately I Don't Use Credit Or Debit Cards At Hannafords
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fortunately I Don't Use Credit Or Debit Cards At Hannafords  ( 4471 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 19, 2008, 06:46:25 AM »

Seems To Be One Breach of Security after the other all the time.  Although none of the bank officials talked to in the area knew of any fraudulent charges, of course there is always a possibility.  It appears that between December 7th and March 10th, if you used a debit or credit card at Hannafords, someone could have accessed your credit card information.

Check it out if you have any questions as there is a phone number you can call.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : March 19, 2008, 08:16:44 AM »

Unfortunately, I do.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
logical
: 141

« #2 : March 19, 2008, 08:19:29 AM »

So do I.  I had to get a new debit card when the same thing happened at TJMaxx.  I'm sure I will yet again.  Kind of makes me want to take all of my $$ out of the bank & use cash.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 19, 2008, 10:29:22 AM »

I received the following from Hannaford's a few minutes ago:

Dear Hannaford Customer Panel Member,
Yesterday, Hannaford Supermarkets announced a data intrusion that resulted in the theft of customer credit and debit card numbers. No personal information, such as names or addresses, was accessed. The intrusion affected Hannaford Stores, Sweetbay Stores in Florida and certain independently-owned retail locations in the Northeast that carry Hannaford products.
Please note that no security breach was experienced with any customer panel data, including any name or address information you provided for panel purposes. In no way is your panel information linked to your transactions at Hannaford or Sweetbay. Digital Research, Inc. maintains this data on a separate, secure server. You can rest assured that being a panel member does not put you at any additional risk.
For more information or to answer any questions regarding the Hannaford/Sweetbay data intrusion, please call the following Customer Information Center number, 1-866-591-4580, where a response team is ready to help.
We appreciate your continued participation in our research panel.
Sincerely,
Shari Starkey
Hannaford Customer Panel Manager

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : March 20, 2008, 07:39:38 AM »

More Victims Are Emerging From Hannaford Credit Card Theft:

Henry Raymond
logical
: 141

« #5 : March 20, 2008, 08:23:21 AM »

If you are a member of New England Federal Credit Union they have posted the following to their site:
Hannaford Card Compromise
On 3/17, Hannaford made an announcement that they have experienced a security breach. Some NEFCU credit and debit cards are affected, however we have reviewed available details concerning this event and want to let you know it is fine to continue using your NEFCU cards. Be assured that we are actively monitoring the activity on your account to protect you from fraud.

In the rare event fraud does occur, as a Visa debit or credit cardholder you are protected with Visa’s Zero Liability policy, which means you pay nothing for unauthorized purchases on your account. Although certain account data has been exposed in this incident, that does not necessarily mean that data related to your account was taken or that fraud has occurred on your account. 

Within the next week, NEFCU will send a letter to each member whose cards were affected.  To ensure this matter is completely cleared up for our members, we will reissue affected cards, and the letter will explain when you can expect a new card.

As always, we strongly encourage you to review your accounts on PC Banking regularly and to look closely at your monthly statements, and call us immediately if you see any suspicious activity.

If you have questions, please contact us online or call us at 800 400 8790
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #6 : March 21, 2008, 07:28:32 AM »

Northfield Savings is issuing new cards and pins to any affected members.  I received a letter yesterday telling me to expect a new card within the next ten days.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: