Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:09:24 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert Bates Obituary - Age 63
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert Bates Obituary - Age 63  ( 1861 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 12, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »

Fairfax/Georgia – Robert Lee Bates a longtime area resident passed away Tuesday, March 10, 2015, at the UVM Medical Center surrounded by his family.

Born on January 10, 1952, in St. Albans, he was the son of Eugene Bates and the late Marion (Sartwell) Bates. Robert was 63 years old.

Robert was involved in fire service, belonging to the Georgia Volunteer Fire Department and a former member of the St. Albans City Fire Department Call Force. He was an avid outdoorsman, whether it was camping with his family, hunting, fishing, or helping his brother maple sugaring. He loved going to auctions, operating his own moving company and liked to deal in antiques. The last several years he was a long haul trucker.

Robert was a long time member of the Georgia Plain Baptist Church and Sportsman’s Club of Franklin County. His greatest enjoyment was being with his grandkids.

Survivors include his father, Eugene Bates of St. Albans; his daughter, Heather Andrews and her husband, Carl, of Milton; his grandchildren, Cody, Nicholas, Carl, Jr., Noah and his little princess, Alexandra. He is also survived by his brother, Mark Bates and his wife, Cheryl, and their family of Fairfield and his sister, Bonnie Combs and her husband, Wesley, and their family of Westford as well as several aunts, uncles and cousins.

Robert was preceded in death by his mother, Marion on October 29, 2014.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend call in hours on Monday, March 16, 2015, from 5:00 to 7:30 PM at the Heald Funeral Home, 87 So Main St, St. Albans. A prayer service will be held at 7:30 PM.

In lieu of flowers, it was Robert’s wish that memorials be made to the Georgia Volunteer Fire Department, 47 Town Common Road, North, St. Albans, Vermont 05478. Messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: