Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:38:08 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA-Fairfax Names Academic All Stars
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA-Fairfax Names Academic All Stars  ( 6296 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 24, 2011, 07:01:57 AM »

BFA-FAIRFAX NAMES ACADEMIC ALL STARS

Ellen Fitzgerald

School: BFA Fairfax

Parents: Karen and Peter Fitzgerald

Hometown: Fairfax

Top 5 accomplishments: Getting into National Honor Society, becoming captain of cross country running team, becoming captain of Nordic ski team, becoming leader of local youth group, getting a 4 on my AP Language test

In the community: Youth Group: serving food at the Salvation Army, making cardio pilows, spending time at a local retirement home

Favorite spare time activity: Ultimate Frisbee

After graduation: University of Maine  at Orono or Elmira College

Career plans: Work in a clinical lab or a research lab

Your bedroom in one word: Cozy

Dead person to meet: A.A. Milne because he understood what a person's childhood should really be about.

Your biography title: "Miss Fitz"

Three "luxuries" on a desert island: My iPod, a toothbrush and a book

Personal motto: "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Taber

School: BFA Fairfax

Parents: Kimberly and Michael Taber

Hometown: Fairfax

Top 5 accomplishments: UVM Honor's College acceptance, Phi- Beta-Kappa Award, Bausch and Lomb Science Scholarship, multiple class awards, acting (Beauty and the Beast, Willy Wonka, etc).

In the community: Youth group, NHS, Salvation Army soup kitchen and Katrina relief effort.

Favorite spare time activity: Cooking

After graduation: University of British Columbia

Career plans: Pre-med or engineering

Your bedroom in one word: Oi vey.

Dead person to meet: Coco Chanel, she's perhaps the greatest feminist, without being an actual feminist.

Your biography title: "Thomas Taber: All Natural, and Low-Fat."

Three "luxuries" on a desert island: iPhone, a competent kitchen and music.

Personal motto: "I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am." -- Sylvia Plath

Hopefully I can get some photos of them a little later on today on The Free Press Web Site:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011101240303
« : January 24, 2011, 02:33:28 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : January 24, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »

Congrats to both students & parents!!!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 24, 2011, 02:34:31 PM »

I just scanned the photos of Ellen & Tom from the newspaper - Please excuse the quality as that is all I could find.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : January 26, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »

I know them both and they are great young people! Our community is blessed with many wonderful young people who enrich our community.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: