Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:18:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day and Blog- Columbine and Other Musings
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day and Blog- Columbine and Other Musings  ( 2875 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : April 20, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »

Picture of the Day April 21, 2009

This pump, mounted on the back of a tanker, can pump water out of the tank, or fill portable "Indian Tanks".

COLUMBINE AND OTHER MUSINGS
Posted for Tuesday April 21st............................

Can it really be 10 years since the tragedy at Columbine High School? After some thought, yeah, I guess it can be.
I got home from work that day, and turned the TV on and saw all the carnage. Students running from the school, interviews with the kids, frightened parents. The one thing that really shook me was hearing the description of the scene in the library, where it apparently ended. They talked about the victims on the floor and such.
For some weird reason, I suddenly envisioned what our library would look like, had it happened here. Why that popped into my head back then, I have no idea.
We didn't have school that week-spring vacation-and I was apprehensive to walk into our school and look in the library. When I got to work the next morning, the library was all re-arrainged because we were cleaning in there, so the library didn't look like it normally would. I was thankful for that.
Strange the way your mind will work.

Crazy bird was banging the window at 5:45am Monday morning. Still two eggs in the nest.

Boston teams completed the trifecta Monday for Patriots Day. I saw a little of the Red Sox win when I came home for lunch at noon.
Saw most of the Bruins game, except for the part I missed because of the fire call. Then I caught the last couple of minutes of the Celtics game. Bruins lead, 3-0, and the Celtics are knotted up at 1 game apiece.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : April 21, 2009, 10:23:06 PM »

The pump is located on the back of Tanker 1.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: