Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:16:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Elderly Couple in Essex asking for help with shoveling
« previous next »
: [1]
: Elderly Couple in Essex asking for help with shoveling  ( 3023 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : March 07, 2011, 05:53:11 PM »

WOKO Facebook page had a post from a Senior couple asking for help shoveling their car out. They live at Whitcomb Woods, Essex Jct, 802-879-9040.  They have neighbors in need as well.

This is an excellent reminder to us in Fairfax.  Do you have a senior neighbor who may need some help today?  Do you have a moment to take to check on them and make sure they are fine or could you run to the local store for them?

It is storms like these when we are caught up in our own mess that we can forget those truly in need of a hand. 

Thank you to all the good samaritans today!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Judi
: 508

« #1 : March 07, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »

It might be a good idea if Chris Santee put some type of ad in his newsletter and we had a phone number for these people to call for volunteer help when they need it. Some elderly don't have access to computers, only a telephone. Any other suggestions would be welcome.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : March 07, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »

I think that's an outstanding idea.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : March 07, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »

Great idea Judi!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : March 07, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »

I got a call around suppertime from one of my non-related neighbors asking me if I needed anything from the village as her husband was going down to Steeples.  It gave me a bit of a nudge, because I hadn't called my sister today to see if she was doing ok, so I got right on the phone and did that.  MK, Rich, Shelly, Lafe - Thanks

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: