Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:19:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking At The Humorous Side Of A Colonoscopy
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking At The Humorous Side Of A Colonoscopy  ( 5649 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 25, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »

Not sure if the language in the description of a colonoscopy would offend anyone that might read it, so its your choice as to whether you click on the following link or not.  For those of you that have had a colonoscopy, you will be able to relate and for those of you that haven't - we are just kidding - Yaaaaaaaaaa, Right:

The truth of the matter is that as my daughter told me before I had mine, the actual colonoscopy is not bad at all, if you can just survive the preparation.
« : July 25, 2008, 09:12:16 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : July 25, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »

I can say with confidence that a colonoscopy IS a breeze as long as you are given enough drugs. Otherwise is it particularly uncomfortable--not excrutiating pain, but certainly very uncomfortable cramps that are difficult to endure in my opinion.

Since I have never had a good experience with this, I have vowed that the next time it is required it will be with the new technology: the camera inside a capsule you swallow. I will travel wherever I need to for this.

That said, most people don't have any problems at all and have the type of experience Dave Barry mentions. It is an important screening tool and everyone should have it done.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 25, 2008, 12:19:46 PM »

Had mine done quite a few years ago and went very much like Dave Barry's - Don't remember anything that happened during the actual colonoscopy after the Dr. asked me if I wanted something to take the edge off -  Everybody thought with the diet I eat they would find all kinds of polops, but none were found and I left with a clean slate.  I think that Medicare only covers one every 10 years.  Maryann has declined the opportunity several times to have the test.

Henry Raymond
cassyt
: 84

« #3 : July 25, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »

had one this spring it was nothing to it. I was tell them that I wanted to be out he he just give me a big smile and that is all I remember.if I ever have to do it again sure hope they have something better to drink.
Mummy
: 280

« #4 : July 26, 2008, 07:13:28 AM »

This is one procedure that you MUST follow directions.  If they tell you not to eat, there is not cheating here!  There is a good "prep" and there is a not so good "prep" which is usually not so painfree.  And often they only have to repeat the procedure.  Following the directions on this one!
dearon
: 233

« #5 : July 28, 2008, 01:03:56 PM »

Husband had one, said it was the worst experience he'd ever been through. It was a very experienced Doctor at Fletcher Allen, but nothing went right. I on the other hand have not and will not be persuaded otherwise because of his bad experience.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: