Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:30:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for a place to target shoot occasionally
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking for a place to target shoot occasionally  ( 8650 )
wwiihistory
: 56

« : April 19, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »

Would anyone know of a place in Fairfax I could target practice with my antique WW2 rifles & pistols on occasion. I hear people shooting often in the area of 128 & minors store but don't know anyone. No interest in joining St. Albans F&G..too far to drive.

(40yo... responsible & firearm trained. Will not leave your sand pit, etc littered)

Thanks
Mojovt
: 77

« #1 : April 19, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »

I'm not exactly sure where it is, but my dad does some shooting at a range up on Fletcher Road. He is in Florida right now, but I will ask him when he gets back. Perhaps someone else here knows where I'm talking about...

Scott Day
trussell
: 870

« #2 : April 19, 2011, 11:35:36 PM »

There's also the Underhill (I think) Rod & Gun Club off Allen Irish rd.  Their dues are quite low and it's a good little place.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : April 20, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »

People shoot in the sandpit off sandhill RD a lot I'm guessing that is what you are hearing.  I do not know who owns the land down there but it is easy to get to The trail is right off the road and follows the powerlines.  Another place that you might want to look into is John Collins's sand pit up off Buckhollow Rd, of course you would have to stop and ask John or Betty first.  I believe Alan Simoneau is the one who has a range up off fletcher Rd but I don't know if it's open to the public as I was pretty sure it was only for competition shooting.  I know he has competitions up there and they do all long range shooting like 300-800 yards.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Shadylane08
: 125

« #4 : April 20, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »

Yeah I've heard Alan Simoneau has a nice range, and hes a real nice guy, I'm sure if you went and talked with him he'd let you use his range.  Another place I use to shoot back in the day is the gravel pit at webbs farm on buck hollow road.  Haven't been there in years and I know there is a new subdivision going up not far from there so I don't know if thats impacting the gravel pit or not, but it'd be worth stopping in at the webb farm and asking one of the guys.
Mojovt
: 77

« #5 : April 20, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »

Yes....Alan Simoneau is who I was thinking of.

Scott Day
wwiihistory
: 56

« #6 : April 20, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »

Thanks for the replies.....could someone PM me any contact info for Simon?
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : April 23, 2011, 01:53:30 AM »

I'd listen to Josh.....
He can JACK you up if you are 1/4 inch over the line.....
Fricking cops.................

People shoot in the sandpit off sandhill RD a lot I'm guessing that is what you are hearing.  I do not know who owns the land down there but it is easy to get to The trail is right off the road and follows the powerlines.  Another place that you might want to look into is John Collins's sand pit up off Buckhollow Rd, of course you would have to stop and ask John or Betty first.  I believe Alan Simoneau is the one who has a range up off fletcher Rd but I don't know if it's open to the public as I was pretty sure it was only for competition shooting.  I know he has competitions up there and they do all long range shooting like 300-800 yards.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #8 : September 19, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »

bump

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: