Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:59:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Remember Your Pet this Christmas
« previous next »
: [1]
: Remember Your Pet this Christmas  ( 2650 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 16, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »

Once again, Mrs. Cassidy's 1st grade class and Mrs. Howard's 3rd grade class are making paper Christmas ornaments. For $1, you can buy an ornament and have the name of a pet on the ornament. It can be a pet you currently have, or a pet that passed on, but you would like to remember them. All of the money raised goes to the Franklin County Humane Society, to help them take care of the animals at the shelter. Last year they raised over $800.
I talked with Val French in the Elementary Office, and she said if you want to stop in, you can get the necessary paperwork there. The kids have been coloring the ornamnets, which include gingerbread men, wreaths, light bulbs, trees, stockings, and candy canes.
They will be selling ornaments through December 22nd.

I have been buying ornaments for a couple of years now. This year I bought one for Jose, and one to remember Rex, who we lost in March.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : December 16, 2010, 07:56:02 AM »

This is so cute, and such a great idea!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : December 16, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »

What a wonderful ides and program Mike!  Thanks so much for telling us about it!  I will have to try and pop in to school tomorrow.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: